Bronze Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
Denison , tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone . I need to add chlorine and I added calcium chloride tonight (See pool math .) My CSI is pretty low and so I read on one TFP post that I can adjust my chlorine before the 24 hour wait time suggested without the risk of clouding if CSI is less than zero .

I have maintained my pool on liquid chlorine alone with no tabs from August until 2 weeks ago . My CYA was low normal so I added one tab roughly a week to keep it in normal since . I was also attempting to use calhypo to get my calcium up but decided it wasn’t fast enough and added calcium chloride tonight instead .

I have swimmers coming tomorrow afternoon and wanted to add liquid chlorine tonight if there is little to no risk of clouding . I should have adjusted chlorine first 😔

Any advice is welcomed . Thanks

Added 1 cup and it did not seem to cloud it up . To get to high end of FC range I need 8.5 mor cups . It is somewhat cloudy from the calcium I added 2 hours ago . I premixed 5 lbs in 5 gallon bucket to dissolve and added it to deep end .... added a total of 10 pounds to get CH to 250.

If it's already cloudy, might as well add the bleach. You're going to have to at some point. Leave the filter on and hope everything equalizes and sdissolves and clears up. If you wait until morning and it decides to cloud, you'll have even less time for it to work.

If it's already cloudy, might as well add the bleach. You're going to have to at some point. Leave the filter on and hope everything equalizes and sdissolves and clears up. If you wait until morning and it decides to cloud, you'll have even less time for it to work.

Thank you so much 👍🏻

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.