Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Hi everyone 👋
So a little background…like many we decided to get a pool during the pandemic. Never thought we’d own a pool, but now seeing the kids it was a great decision!
It’s been an ongoing project that started in March, in fact everything is still not done however, we were able to fill the pool with water about a week ago, PB added salt and kids got to swim for the first time. So there we were, waiting for the tf100 to come in. From all the reading on this awesome forum I knew to add the stabilizer, but still afraid to do much else without reassurance 😬
So here are my numbers as of this morning:
CYA ~ 40
pH - 7.8
TA - 220
CH - 3? Small blue box test?
Salt 3450
Any guidance appreciated 😊
Attaching a few photos of progress 😊

Attachments

• 17B3EEC8-2A90-4817-A5C9-065EDF76EC09.jpeg
    17B3EEC8-2A90-4817-A5C9-065EDF76EC09.jpeg
    450.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 89879AAE-B4F5-4D6D-A57F-8D563DC6DBCC.jpeg
    89879AAE-B4F5-4D6D-A57F-8D563DC6DBCC.jpeg
    755.1 KB · Views: 9
Welcome and congrats on the new pool. You should probably update your signature. It's true we recommend a higher CYA for salt pools, but depending on your level of heat and sunlight you might get away with a little less before preparing for winter closing. Try that CH test again though. Results should be in increments of 25 if you use the 10 ml water sample size.

Thank you! I will retest the chlorine again and definitely add muriatic acid tonight!
I thought I did update my signature?
Is there a best time to add the muriatic acid, and when would to retest again?

Is there a best time to add the muriatic acid, and when would to retest again?
You can add the MA at any time you wish, even multiple times per day if needed. But after adding, let the water mix for about an hour before re-testing and go from there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.