1st Pool

SO I have the CYA in 2 socks. Do I wait to add Chlorine? I've got the liquid kind now. Do I put it in pool mat with the CYA level I'm expecting?

Yes, put in PoolMath the CYA level you expect until you confirm it with a test.

You can add your Cl now.

You have a fresh fill so no SLAM. Do not wait any longer. Add Chlorine for a CYA of 30 and test at least twice a day for the first 3 day until the CYA is fully disolved.

Felipe

You're on a good start... the first few days are strange because you're building up your stabilizer level (CYA) and need to replenish the chlorine that gets normally lost to the sun if the stablizer isn't all there yet.

So, run a full set of tests and let us know the results
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA...and assume this is 30 until you test in a few days. Give it time to get in the pool.

Then if all looks good I'd just test the pH and FC/CC daily. Then as you get to know your pool better you can go to every other day. You get to where you can look at it and know if something is off.

You'll be adding liquid chlorine/bleach daily. THis is something that gets used up by sun, sweat, pee (ohno!) and other things. So don't hesitate to add more if needed. Just use PoolMath again. :)

The other tests can be run less often unless you've made some adjustment . For example, if you lower your pH you'll want to test the pH again, but also the TA because they "play together".

Keep us posted with what you're doing---

Maddie :flower:

Huh?? I'm confused. Who told you to add CYA to 75?? I was suggesting 40 (instead of 30, as you're fighting hot Texas sun)

Your FC is entirely too low. Please add some plain, unscented, unthickened, non-clorox brand generic bleach in there.

See this chart?---> [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] It tells you how much to keep your FC at based on how high your CYA is.

Huh?? I'm confused. Who told you to add CYA to 75?? I was suggesting 40 (instead of 30, as you're fighting hot Texas sun)

Your FC is entirely too low. Please add some plain, unscented, unthickened, non-clorox brand generic bleach in there.

See this chart?---> [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] It tells you how much to keep your FC at based on how high your CYA is.

I added what the pool math told me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
no, that is very abnormal. I don't get it.

Tell me again which test kit you are using?? Where did you buy it....check to make sure the reagents are not expired please.

Did you buy fresh liquid chlorine?? Check the date code and make sure its not older than a couple of months, and never stored outside.

So the pool is going pretty good. I even got a canopy for it.

A couple of the legs are a little lower than the rest but not by much and it doesn't seem to be hurting anything. We had a couple of days of good rain and nothing sank or moved on us. The 1/2" foam I put under it seems a little wavy but it's staying together and still soft on the feet.

2em0u4w.jpg

[FONT=Poppins, Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Great[/FONT] job on the pool and canopy idea...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.