1998 Pool renovation underway (1/23/2020 Dallas)

JRB100

Gold Supporter
Mar 20, 2019
Dallas, TX
1998 pool/spa renovation underway. Demo starts today (1/23/2020).

Plaster: micro mini pebble white (Finest Finish Quartz Fusion)
Tile and trim tile: Fujiwa Pilos-406 Satin Pearl
Coping/spa cap/spa spillway: leuders limestone with chiseled edge
Spa veneer: light ivory ledger stone split face

A&A in-floor cleaning system updates:
Install channel drains in pool & spa replacing retrofit PDR2 drains
Install leaf vac at equipment replacing in-deck leaf vac
Replace actuator with newest Quik Clean 6-port model
17 G4V pop-ups to replace Style 2 pop-ups.
Before photos…(featuring Coco, the water loving Wesstie)...

Equipment.jpgIMG_6018.jpgPool-end.jpgPool-from-house.jpgSpa-behind.jpgSpa-front.jpgTile-veneer-plaster-new.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: resauers
OH this is gonna look so nice! Gonna follow along... :epds:

I'm a bit stumped by the white things. Noooooo, not the cute furry one, lol. Those things in front of your skimmers- are they for animals to climb out? Or catch leaves on the their surface?? I've never seen them before.

Your fence is gorgeous... and I really like the way it hides the equipment pad. Do you stain the word?

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: JRB100
OH this is gonna look so nice! Gonna follow along... :epds:

I'm a bit stumped by the white things. Noooooo, not the cute furry one, lol. Those things in front of your skimmers- are they for animals to climb out? Or catch leaves on the their surface?? I've never seen them before.

Your fence is gorgeous... and I really like the way it hides the equipment pad. Do you stain the word?

Thank you.

The white things are called Skamper Ramps (https://www.skamper-ramp-store.com/)...for my Westie so she can get in and out of the pool/spa. They work great but I did have to add some rope intertwined through the holes so she has some traction. Now that the Westie is two years old, she knows not to jump in the pool when the water temperature is 50 degrees, unlike last year.

The fence is a few months old. Our previous fence (of 21 years) blew down during a storm with high winds in June. I had to rebuild the pool electrical switches/conduit but at least that part of the fence did not collapse. The fence was stained by the builder. (We decided bite the bullet and get a fence that would last many years.)

What fun this will be to watch!

Will they do a full chip out or just around the returns and such?

We have a scammper ramp for our cats. It is really to help then get out if they fall in BUT they think it is to sit on and drink the water :roll: LOL

Reactions: borjis

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Love how they did the waterline tile every where. The skimmer are looks great! It really looks like they are artist with a big saw and took pride in their work! That coping look awesome as well! You scored big time with your stone people!

How has our snoopivisor handling all of the workers? Looks like he gets out there to check all of the new work done!

Did they just leave the mess like that? :(

Kim:kim:

Love how they did the waterline tile every where. The skimmer are looks great! It really looks like they are artist with a big saw and took pride in their work! That coping look awesome as well! You scored big time with your stone people!

How has our snoopivisor handling all of the workers? Looks like he gets out there to check all of the new work done!

Did they just leave the mess like that? :(

Kim:kim:
You know, I have been more impressed than I expected. Everyday, the workers sweep/rinse/pickup debris on the deck & driveway before leaving. Their work during the day is steady and meticulous. Just watching for a few minutes it is easy to see their experience and pride in doing their best.

Snoopivisor is all into making a thorough inspection in the evening. She would like to spend much more time checking the area than we allow. She has handled the work during the day very well. She's had a bit of experience in the last year going through a new roof, then a new fence.

Last edited:
Kim noticed and said exactly what I was impressed with. That skimmer box looks so well done.... ideal. I love the limestone coping too. This crew sounds top notch. Find out if they are employees of the PB or subs, and if subs get their name and contact info cause you're gonna have folks ask for referrals for sure once they see your pool!

Reactions: JRB100
Day 4 - Plumbing (work will continue into Day 5) (Jan. 27, 2020)
Crew worked all day plus two plus hours after sunset (wearing headlamps).
>Chip out and remove dual main drains in pool and spa, replace with channel drains (A&A Manufacturing)
>Move location of return to fountain away from new spa channel drain.
>Chip out and remove 17 Style 2 popups, replace with fittings for latest design G4 popups.
>Main tile worker did some prep work on spillway.
>(Work continues Tuesday (Day 5) to replace actuator, plumb new leaf vac at equipment, pressure test to check condition of in-deck leaf vac that will be closed off, complete work on a few popups.)

Photos to follow...

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.