Would this detract the sale of my home?

For what it's worth, my wife did not want a pool, but I didn't mind. In October we closed on a house with a pool. Now that I'm getting it going, my wife is excited, even tho she's not a big swimmer. The pool wasn't factored into the price of the house, so that helped. Hope it works out with you.

The Triangle is a funny place when it comes to pools. We shopped and waited and looked and waited and hoped, all because we were the odd ducks looking for a pool with a house. Most folks in the area like their community pools we were told. We had only a few houses to choose from.

Our sellers had attached to their house's info sheet a simple single sheet of instructions on how easy it was to care for the pool, so as to not frighten off potential buyers, but in the end, I think ours was the only offer because we were the only buyers who wanted a pool.

Be sure to let your buyers know about this wonderful website and BBB.

Good luck to you in your future home--where are you moving? Will you have a pool there too?

Lana

Just to add my 2 cents to the mix, when we first looked at our current house I hated that it had a pool. Especially since it hadn't been maintained in at least 2 years. But I loved the location and the layout of the house itself.
Now, I'm the pool guy, I still don't really care to use it but the wife and our daughter love it so I deal with it.

Thats a beutiful AG pool! youve done everything around it to maximize it and make it look great and conveinent to get in and out of. I hope the next people are pool lovers like we are, and appreciate it :-D
The girlfriend and i just moved to nevada a few months back and Required a IG pool in our searches, paying for one is not an option at 50k for a good size, it needed to come with the house, that did not limit our searches we still had a ton of houses to look at. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.