Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: all my jets seem rusted!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

all my jets seem rusted!!!!

Just had the pool and spill over spa opened today. I was not here naturally and within 5 seconds of looking at the spa I can clearly see that the chrome rings and the jets are covered in what can only be described as rust!!!. The same company shut the pool and left me all the jets and assorted stuff in a plastic bag which I left in the furnace room for the winter. I was not aware I was supposed to do anything to them but they sure didnt look like that in the fall.

What would you do here? Do I hold the pool company responsible for A) not cleaning and drying them properly in the fall

and B) also hold them responsible for starting up the system and not mentioning anything about the jets or attempting to replace them.

Need advice before I call and raise **** tomorrow!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: all my jets seem rusted!!!!

I'd probably say something to them but they really can't be held responsible since the fittings were in your care the entire time.

I'd take some Magic Erasers (boy I love those things) and see it they polish the fittings up and not worry yourself too much about it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Any chance you keep your pucks or bleach in the same room?

Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    Any chance you keep your pucks or bleach in the same room?
    Or Muriatic Acid...that's the worst in terms of rusting things nearby.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"