Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: test kit to buy in europe?

1. Back To Top    #1

test kit to buy in europe?

anyone one recommend a test kit sold in europe?
    Sand Filter
    Above Ground, Vinyl
    1.5 hp Hayward Power Flo LX Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: test kit to buy in europe?

Quote Originally Posted by ellexesse
    anyone one recommend a test kit sold in europe?
    I can think of Taylor and Lovibond. Lovibond may be easier to obtain though.

3. Back To Top    #3

The closest kit to the Taylor K-2006 in Europe is the Pooltester SP 315C though it uses tablets instead of liquids and it uses a DPD test, not FAS-DPD. However, it does test for FC/CC, pH, TA, CH and CYA. If anyone knows of a better kit available in Europe, please let us know.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4

TF Test Kits ships to Europe.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes but HornerXpress Worldwide is Taylor's Master Distributor for Pool & Spa Products outside the U.S. and Canada.

6. Back To Top    #6

unfortunately I have tried shipping things from the States previously and got stung for import duties.
    Sand Filter
    Above Ground, Vinyl
    1.5 hp Hayward Power Flo LX Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

The import duties and the extraordinary shipping costs make shipping of the TFTestkit to anywhere but the 50 states almost cost prohibitive. (we have decided we can legally only use UPS or FedEx to ship the kit internationally)

The real bummer comes when ordering refills for the kit. Again, using FedEx or UPS, the refill shipping costs almost make it worth purchasing a whole new kit.

It can be done but I don't think it presents a decent value to the customer.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Hi,

This is an old thread but the info may be valuable for others.

I bought this test in europe:

http://www.palintestusa.com/products-details.aspx?id=72

It's expensive but worth it.

I tried to purchase the taylor without success. I even contacted an address in spain that was supposed to be selling the taylor in europe but never got an answer from them.
    19K Gal IG Gunite pool with armed PVC membrane and solar cover.

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome to TFP!

Thanks for the info. See this post for more info of kits available from the UK, but a later poster said the FAS-DPD test was no longer available. Could you please post where you bought it (a link, if there is one)?
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

10. Back To Top    #10

Good discussion here: Test kits in the UKOops, wrong thread.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!