18x36 Inground pool build in Maryland

Ok that was one of my questions to them. Seems like there should be steel in the steps though. Why skip out on that small amount of steel?

The rebar guys only frame out what is there. Steps are usually not dug in the dirt since their small since usually makes them collapse. Your build is typical.

Waiting on word from the builder about gunite now. Seems the backup is only like 2-3 weeks now so that’s good. Our glass tile was in stock and they have that waiting in their warehouse so another plus.

Currently browsing some Black Friday sales and looking for a good fire pit. I’m really trying to buy American made stuff from here on out and the Breeo X24 really stands out as being something that’ll last forever. Going to snag one this weekend!

Reactions: TampaKathy
Trucks full of gunite weigh a LOT. They will not park in your driveway. They parked in the street for me. I also had to put up a bond for road damage in my pool permits.

Trucks full of gunite weigh a LOT. They will not park in your driveway. They parked in the street for me. I also had to put up a bond for road damage in my pool permits.
Well that’s the issue. Our PB’s secretary just sent us the email saying to remove the cars from the driveway so the trucks can enter. That’s when I got on the phone and said “not so fast!”.

Well that’s the issue. Our PB’s secretary just sent us the email saying to remove the cars from the driveway so the trucks can enter. That’s when I got on the phone and said “not so fast!”.

She is most likely wrong (hopefully!). The gunite guys will do what is right. They are liable if they crack your driveway. Are you asphalt or concrete? Concrete I think 95% chance they park in the street. Asphalt 50/50. Bottom line though they need to get the hoses to the pool.

I would block the end of the driveway with your car and talk with the guy when he gets there if needed.

She is most likely wrong (hopefully!). The gunite guys will do what is right. They are liable if they crack your driveway. Are you asphalt or concrete? Concrete I think 95% chance they park in the street. Asphalt 50/50. Bottom line though they need to get the hoses to the pool.

I would block the end of the driveway with your car and talk with the guy when he gets there if needed.
We have asphalt but it’s already in pretty rough shape so not trying to expedite it’s end of life. I’ve talked to our construction manager and let him know I don’t want them in the driveway. He said they’d assess when they got here in the morning. I plan on leaving my F250 at the end of the driveway so they can’t pull in until we figure it out.

There’s also a section of the contract that says they are not responsible for any damage to driveways, so trying to avoid that headache.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoolGate

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They pulled right in my yard when they did mine. They got pretty close to my pool. Didnt really mess up the yard with their trucks but the concrete dust from the hopper put a dusting of concrete in my yard around where the truck was that lasted a few months. I cant remember the name of the company but most of the builders around here use the same company. I want to think there was 2 or 3 different trucks that came.

Reactions: Mr47930
They pulled right in my yard when they did mine. They got pretty close to my pool. Didnt really mess up the yard with their trucks but the concrete dust from the hopper put a dusting of concrete in my yard around where the truck was that lasted a few months. I cant remember the name of the company but most of the builders around here use the same company. I want to think there was 2 or 3 different trucks that came.
They did pull in the driveway with the compressor truck which was the smaller one. The huge trucks with the material are staying in the road, and they have 3 of them. Was it “Top Gun”? That’s who’s here now.

They did pull in the driveway with the compressor truck which was the smaller one. The huge trucks with the material are staying in the road, and they have 3 of them. Was it “Top Gun”? That’s who’s here now.

Exciting day! Get a couple shots or video as they spray it. I suspect they will stop work after this and not show up again until the Spring.

View attachment 383829View attachment 383830View attachment 383831

I assume the plaster covers all the imperfections in the gunite correct? It’s not as smooth as I had imagined it would be. I assumed it would be rougher than finish concrete but not this rough!

Nice! Yes, plaster covers it all. That little dip along the back edge where it leaves the sun-deck is interesting. Was that what you requested? I would have wanted that all the same height I think. Don't forget to water it so it doesn't cool down too fast. Maybe it isn't necessary due to the temps but you'll notice a lot of heat coming off the gunite.

Nice! Yes, plaster covers it all. That little dip along the back edge where it leaves the sun-deck is interesting. Was that what you requested? I would have wanted that all the same height I think. Don't forget to water it so it doesn't cool down too fast. Maybe it isn't necessary due to the temps but you'll notice a lot of heat coming off the gunite.
Absolutely no idea what that dip is for. I was wondering the same thing. I assume it’ll be less noticeable once filled with water but it’s definitely something I’m going to ask the builder about.

I did ask about watering and they said no need in these temps.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.