Fine tuning levels

Having the words to describe the color (provided by waterbear) & pH has helped me read the scale better.

Maybe it will help:

6.8 and below yellow
7.0 yellow with a bit of orange
7.2-7.3 orange
7.4-7.5 red-orange
7.6-7.7 red
7.8-8.0 "pinkish" or "cool" red but not quite purple
8.2 and above purple

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
had quite a bit of rain over the weekend and I think all my CYA is finally dissolved.
FC 5
CC 0
TC 5
PH 7.8
TA 80
CYA 50
CH 500
According to the CYA/chlorine chart if my CYA is 50, my target FC is 6
When the target is 6 and the current is 5, should I add the 37 oz as per the pool calculator to bring up to 6?
And should I lower my PH to 7.5 just to keep it in check?
Ruth

With CYA at 50 you want to add enough chlorine to keep FC at 4 or higher at all times. For most pools that means bringing FC up to 6 every 24 hours. But you should test your FC level daily and raise it to a higher or lower number based on where you end up 24 hours later. For example if you raise FC to 6 today, and it goes to 3 (too low) tomorrow, they try raising it to 8 the next day.

If PH seems to be drifting up, you should lower the PH down to 7.5 any time it gets to around 7.8.

FC 4
cc .5
TC 4.5
PH 7.2
TA 70
CH still 500
CYA 50
Should I aerate to raise the PH a little or just leave it there?
I really enjoy this testing and making sure the pool water is in great condition!!
I would be in the pool this weekend if I did not have to go to Dallas to a wedding, the water temp is 76 !! :party:
Ruth

Hi Ruth,

You can leave your pH at 7.2 if you like, but I'd aerate up to about 7.5-ish.
7.2 pH can seem harsh on the eyes.

Your min FC is 4 and you seem to be maintaining it; however, you do have .5 cc.

I suggest you bump your FC up just a little, maybe min 5 & target 7, just to knock out that pesky cc.

You have taken control of your pool! :goodjob:

Temp 76! :party: Won't be long now!

Got in the pool today, it looks amazing!
We also have a spa/hot tub, can these same principles be used on a spa?
It is a Dimensions One Diplomat and contains 350 gallons. We have been using the spa products that the pool store tells us to use, it is not baquacil, but it is a chlorine free spa.
Ruth

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.