Help me in using the pool calculator

You are moving right along. The entire process is rather variable/unpredictable, even at this point. It sounds like one to three more nights for FC to hold overnight at 15, then possibly a few more days after that before you could swim (assuming the water is warm enough). This evening after adding chlorine at least once, when you are testing the FC level also test the CC level. That will help tell us how things are going.

If you switch to evenings only, chlorine usage will slow down dramatically from here on.

L1010274.jpg

In the future, try not to raise FC above 15. Very high FC levels for long enough, with CYA at zero, can sometimes damage things, or shorten their lifetime. Earlier, it didn't matter as much, since FC was going down very quickly. Now that the FC level stays relatively high all night, it is much more important to not go over 15.

CC of 11 means there is a little more baqgoo still in your system than average. That means the final stage of the conversion, which you haven't quite gotten to, will take a little longer than average. This doesn't change anything right at the moment. You are still waiting for FC to remain the same overnight, which will still happen in the next few days. But it does add a few days to my estimate of when the pool will be swimmable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This morning at 6:00 AM
FC at 12
CC at 8
Water looks crystal clear.
We are not anticipating swimming in it right away, so that is not a problem. I just want it to be converted right, so I will continue to go by the conversion schedule and continue to post results and look forward to more help from all the wonderful team here at TFP.
Thanks!
Did anyone have any suggestions of a way to clean off the Baquagoo from the skimmer and hard plastic areas?

Congratulations! You have completed the second phase!

The next step is to replace your sand and afterwards raise CYA to 30.

Continue adding chlorine to raise FC up to 15 in the evenings until CC is 0.5 or lower for two days in a row.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.