Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Love this forum, problems with another

1. Back To Top    #1

Love this forum, problems with another

It appears that poolandspaforum.com has been taken over by spammers. Anyone having similar problems? Anyone know how to delete your account with them? I'm sticking with this forum-my water is crystal, despite FEET of rain this winter. And I never get spammed here.
    28 ft round Doughboy Sand Dollar II AGP, Aug 2008: 4 ft shallow, 6ft deep end: 24K gal approx Hayward Power-Flo Matrix
    1&1/2-HP 2-SPD Pump, Hayward 27-Inch Sand Filter with a little DE -(2) 4ftx20ft Solar Bear AGP Panels w/ Goldline auto-controller, 50ppm Borates And some day, maybe this year, a DECK!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Love this forum, problems with another

Do you mean spammed via pm's or something?

When I have visited the site, I have noticed ALOT of topics advertising "male enhancements" and what not...LOL

Perhaps they need more mods (that have no life-like myself hahaha)
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Their domain name registration expired several weeks ago. Since they haven't renewed it by now, I suspect they are not going to.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I just checked and couldn't even access the site.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes it was PM spam, but seems to have stopped now. Thanks.
    28 ft round Doughboy Sand Dollar II AGP, Aug 2008: 4 ft shallow, 6ft deep end: 24K gal approx Hayward Power-Flo Matrix
    1&1/2-HP 2-SPD Pump, Hayward 27-Inch Sand Filter with a little DE -(2) 4ftx20ft Solar Bear AGP Panels w/ Goldline auto-controller, 50ppm Borates And some day, maybe this year, a DECK!!!

6. Back To Top    #6

Did you maybe mean poolspaforum.com instead of poolandspaforum.com? The former had PM spam issues and some family-inappropriate ads, but they just did a whole refresh of the site and I haven't noticed anything nasty lately.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, did mean poolspaforum.com and yes, they do look to have cleaned up some. Still, this forum has been good to me, never sent me anything I did not want, always good info, so going to stay here.

8. Back To Top    #8

Well, hm, poolspaforum.com having more troubles apparently... I can't even get the home page.
    You don't have permission to access /forum/index.php on this server.
    Anybody know what's going on, or is it just me?
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

9. Back To Top    #9

I see the same thing. I have no idea what is happening. The home page problem could be a symptom of any of a variety of server or administrative problems.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

10. Back To Top    #10

The PoolSpaForum.com site seems to be back up now as of sometime yesterday.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"