18' rectangle coleman pool help.

I'm wondering if there is a way to keep the water clear, while using the skimmer? my water stays clear when the sand filter i upgraded to is running, but that doesnt take care of the "MILLIONS" of little black bugs on the top of the surface. Even if i use the net to skim the top, there is MILLIONS still..... So i switch to the wall mounted skimmer, i purchased, and that solves that problem, but then the water starts to get cloudy AGAIN. So i switch back to the sand filter and that solves THAT problem. LOL im getting frustrated, but my water is overall super clear while running normal filter. any tips are GREATLY apprecieated. THANKS>

You should be running your filter 4 to 6 hours a day. If I'm visualizing your pool correctly, the skimmer won't run unless your pump is on.

The cloudiness may be something else besides the bugs. Have you done an OCLT? How fast does your pool eat chlorine?

I'm not quite following. Pics are much appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.