18-month old S200 appears dead

djw

Gold Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
Colleyville, TX
My 18-month old S200 is dead today. Power supply lights but nothing happening on the cleaner end. Logged a note to tech support on the Maytronics site, and scratching my head on next steps now.

Any suggestions what I might try to debug diy?

Be sure the impeller is not tangled with hair or some other foreign object , but this may be a blessing in disguise, there is a 2 year warrantee on it . It sounds like your motor died, if so it will be replaced under warrantee. and that beats it dying after 24 months, new motor will probably last for several years. Did you buy online or from box store?

djw,

If the robot does not move at all, then I would assume that your power supply has died.

Normally, when the robot is bad, it will at least try to run its self-test routine, which moves the robot back and forth and turns on the suction motor. If the robot fails the self-test, it will just stop..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks all. I must say, after working on a Hayward Tigershark QC for years, these Maytronics cleaners are dirt simple to work on, once the few secrets are passed along.

I had it on the bench today, checked the PS voltage earlier, then stripped down the cleaner to the point of removing the impeller (pretty clean actually) put it back together, put the power back on briefly and it started to move! So I did open and do an inspection and re-greasing of the swivel with some silicone grease, put it all back together and it is running in the pool now.

I have no idea why it was playing dead but maybe it will stay running for a bit. At least until the pool is clean.

Thanks everyone for leaning in to help!

I agree with Mark, It is under warrantee so might as well let them fix it before warrantee runs out. My guess is they will replace motor, seems to be the most common repair here. I had mine replaced just after 2 years but was warranted because I had it in the shop at 18 months. But they have the diagnostic tools so let them figure it out. When calling ask about time frame. I am also curious as to shipping charges and who pays. Maybe even ask about trade-in on a new one. Let us know what happens for data collection for the next person and whether it is better to buy online vs brick and mortar.

Reactions: markayash
I talked to Maytronics and they were about zero help, just wanted to refer to local dealers from a list. The ones I called a) had no parts b) was more concerned if I bought it there c) wanted a bench charge for warranty work, d) would have to order parts as required, waiting a week or two for arrival. Basically a crappy option for convenient warranty repair.

I called Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa, where I bought it and asked her if she had any ideas. She was cheery and helpful on guesses at diagnosis - thinks it is probably a motor, and suggested the most efficient approach for all is for Marina to send a motor under warranty and I can swap it myself. This seems the simplest as these things are dirt simple to swap parts out. Hopefully they will follow through, Seth is supposed to call me.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.