What if the pool fills up?

It can get between the liner and wall and cause a wash out :( You can always throw in a hose and get a siphon going to lower the water or get a submersible pump to use. I think every pool should have one for things like this.

Kim:kim:

I have siphoned before but had trouble getting a siphon started for a couple of reasons. Got a submersible pump which did the trick. Thanks.

I've never done it with a pool, but my advice is to put the entire hose into the pool and make sure it is completely filled up, and one end weighted so it is at least below where you want to drain the pool to (but no lower). Then with your thumb firmly over the other end (or a hose fitting with the spigot closed) remove that end and quickly get it somewhere lower than the other end.

Hope that works!

- - - Updated - - -

OK, just saw that you already got a pump. Never mind!

I've never done it with a pool, but my advice is to put the entire hose into the pool and make sure it is completely filled up, and one end weighted so it is at least below where you want to drain the pool to (but no lower). Then with your thumb firmly over the other end (or a hose fitting with the spigot closed) remove that end and quickly get it somewhere lower than the other end.

That's what I tried but it was so cold it made the hose too stiff to work with. It didn't help that the low spot was pretty far away. I've done it without a problem in the summer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.