condensation

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all and Merry Christmas,

I know we have discussed not engaging your heater under certain low temps for short periods of time that could cause condensation and thus possible corrosion of the heat-exchanger, but what impact does un-preventable condensation have on heaters and other equipment?

For example, our outside temps were 32-35 degrees for a short period and brought the water temps down to 50 degrees. Yet today it might hit 78 and 75 for sure. These vast temp shifts cause undue condensation on my heater, filter and other equipment that house cold water w higher [and humid] temps that cause all the equipment to sweat profusely. My heater has water dripping off of it. Can this type of condensation cause any type of corrosion?

To conclude, no harm done, then ok. If there could be any issues, is there any way to prevent or remedy when occurring that is cost-effective and realistic? This type of temp swing occurs here about 5-6 times per year. Also, all my travertine under the outdoor living area in the shade is sweating up a storm too.

Hope everyone has both a great and safe holiday season...tstex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.