Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I realized (months ago) that after adding my circuit breaker to a relay in my Jandy box that the circuit would not be able to be turned on without the iAqualink active. Since everything is powered down for the winter, but I still want to use the low-voltage landscaping lights, can I push that slide-switch on the relay to have the outlet turned on? Or is that not what it's for. I would be happy to have the outlet on 100% of the time in the winter and let the lights be controlled from their own controller.

This is the relay.

41GS9c8W5kL.jpg

pg,

Ok, I am more confused than normal... :p

I would assume if your automation is shut off there is no power going to it???

Your relays have "buttons"???

If your automation is still getting power from the main panel, then it should be easy to bypass the landscape relay, by just moving the load (output) wires over to the line (Input) side of the relay.

I suspect I just don't fully understand your question,

Thanks,

Jim R.

pg,

Ok, I am more confused than normal... :p

I would assume if your automation is shut off there is no power going to it???

Your relays have "buttons"???

If your automation is still getting power from the main panel, then it should be easy to bypass the landscape relay, by just moving the load (output) wires over to the line (Input) side of the relay.

I suspect I just don't fully understand your question,

Thanks,

Jim R.

Power still goes to the box just all the circuits in the box have been shut off. All accept for 2 outlets that is. I found out the button on the relay is a test button. It is not designed to be held down all the time, so that idea is out.

Yes I can just re-wire the circuit to bypass the relay but I wanted a better solution. And I think I found one. I think I can wire a 3 way switch so that when on the "summer" setting the outlet is controlled by the relay and when on the "winter" setting the outlet is always on. Gonna give it a try!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.