moore887

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 14, 2018
CAPE CORAL
Hi,

I thought I would ask the question here before I reach out to my installer. We are just finished the plumbing of our new pool and the equipment and door pads were poured last week. The pump that we are getting is a Jandy variable speed. I believe it's 1hp. I wanted to learn more about the pump because I was concerned it might not be strong enough after I saw my friend having trouble getting his two bubblers to perform well with his new Jandy pump (he has a different pool company installing his pool). He eventually sorted his out by attaching something to the top of the bubblers to restrict the water flow and increase pressure (although they are no longer flush). I will only have one bubbler although I will have a heater and eventually a solar panel if the cost of running the heater warrants it.

My other concern is that my father in law purchased his own jandy vari speed pump after his old single speed pump packed in. I was able to program it a couple of months ago to let it run on speed 5 (I think) for 8 hours but he called me back last week to set it to run for 6 hours a day as it's winter in Florida now. The buttons on the built in controller wouldn't work for me! I downloaded the manual again. disconnected the power for a couple of minutes and still they don't respond, despite the display on the controller working. I also tried the key unlock feature. IT's not locked. I think i have read somewhere that there is a reliability issue with the keypad.

I spoke to my friend and he told me that he doesn't use his because his pool company gifted him an iqualink system. I believe it controls his jandy LED bubblers as well as the pump. The system is apparently worth $1,000. There is a smaller system automation attachment which I found on amazon which I could probably install myself and would suffice as my bubblers are not LED and I only need to control the pump. I thought this would be a good idea if I could remotely ensure that the pump was working while we were away on holidays and also be able to operate the pump in the event of the controller failing like my father in law's one did.

My question is, can the iqpump01 be installed to the entry level 1hp jandy vari speed and does the regular controller have to be removed from the pump before the iq is attached?

thanks!

Hi Robheal,

I have the Jandy brochure here in front of me. The pool pump that our installer has marked as the one we will be getting looks identical to the one that my father in law has (which the yellow buttons no longer work). It's the VS FLOPRO VARIABLE-SPEED PUMP 1.65 HP, WITH JEP-R CONTROLLER or VSFHP165JEP. My father in law's controller is mounted to the pump as I imagine mine will be too. I'm thinking that the pump will also be connected in someway to the Jandy Pro Series TrueClear salt System. I also see a Gulf Stream HE110-R-A electric heater was dropped off yesterday at my house.

Now is a good time to add automation. You can get a basic Jandy automation system for under $1000. That model pump you listed is designed to be controlled from automation and does not include the control panel on the pump. I have the exact same pump it is a great pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.