Extreme Newbie here!

Hello everyone. Overwhelmed being a brand new pool owner. Came across this site and just joined. My questions will be very elementary until I can catch on to the lingo and this whole pool thing so go easy on me (no eye rolling..hahaha).

I'm 56yrs old, flying solo and enjoying life. At age 50 I taught myself how to swim (with the help of an instructor (couple classes) but mainly by watching you tube videos). So I then decided to buy a house and put in a private pool. I just celebrated the 1 year anniversary of closing on my new home 3 days ago on 11/8/18 and coincidentally my pool final inspection was that same day! So here I am... new home, new pool and new forum!

I will be using a pool service for quite awhile until I get educated and more confident. Right now I'm a total Newbie and completely out of my comfort zone...but hey I got my pool and now I have this forum!!!

I hope to submit my first post on a topic/question...once I figure out how to do it! :p

SAM9862 (AKA Sheila)

HI SHEILA! You will LOVE having your own pool! We can help you learn how to care for it so you will not have to battle the green monster aka algae.

I have a set of links I put together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info so take it slow and easy. Make sure you ask LOTS of questions. We love to help and teach!

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Pool Math

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Did you notice the chemicals we suggest for the pool? Most of them can be bought at Target or Walmart! How neat is that????

Kim:kim:

Hi SAM9682!

Welcome to TFP! I joined TFP a little more than a year ago. With the exception of opening and closing we take care of the pool completely using TFP methods and it works!. I recommend following closely the advice of the experts on the forum, starting with purchasing a really good test kit like the TFP-100, with a speed stirrer. I invested and very happy I did.

Good luck with it all! Would love to see a picture of your pool when you get a chance!

HiddenRiver