Winterizing pool question

Alc210

Oct 28, 2018
Lansdale
Hello everyone

I am a new pool owner .... well kinda

i live in the philly area and my unground pool was started in March ... it is currently October and I am getting pavers done and it still needs to be plastered which probably won’t be til next spring at this point

horrible experience so far ... but with that being said, I am being told I need to winterize my pool
I have the plumbing all done and heater hooked up but no water is in the pool yet

do I still need to winterize my pool ... the pool service company my builder referred me to is telling me it’s gonna cost $610 to winterize my pool ... and again there is no water in it ... no chemicals needed
does this sound right ???

thanks !

Butch

Butch:

It appears that you and the other forum member have the same issue. I would be curious to know if it is the same builder? There is no need to post your builder, but you are in the same area. You may want to speak to the other member through PM (private messaging). We are not here to bad math builders, but help forum members.

If there is nothing in your contract that allows them to close the pool at no charge, then please upload some pictures of the swimming pool (equipment pad) if any. All piping out of the ground and the pool itself. We will need some pictures to assist you in the closing. Once the pictures are uploaded, you will get more guidance. The other member reported charges that were $550.

I really would call the builder and have a serious conversation with him/her. They should have some integrity and do the right thing. With the proper equipment, especially if the pool is not full of water, the closing should be a 15 minute process. This is no way to take care of a customer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.