Inground pool cover inquiry

Oct 19, 2018
Barto, PA
I'm new to this forum so bear with me. I purchased a mesh cover this year because my safety cover of 17 years is falling apart. I have a 17x33 omni pool and was wondering what I can put in the pool to keep the cover from accumulating water on top. I see sagging each time it rains and the rain does not go through the cover into the pool like it is advertised to. Does anyone have any suggestions what I can use?

Without a picture or more detailed description of your cover, its hard to say. It does sound like the cover isn't tight enough (or the water level is too high), and the weight of the rain is causing the cover to sag to the extent of it sitting on the pool water underneath. There will always be some sag with heavy rain or snow, but a mesh cover has to stay above the pool water to work properly. So the overall tightness of the cover might be worth looking at.

A mesh cover is meant to touch the water if snow load is present. The springs should be at half point of their stretching capacity when it’s on proper. The issue with safety covers on the snow areas, is the water doesn’t freeze (supporting the cover) and you get snow and it sags. If this is just rain water accumulation, insure it’s toghtened properly.

A mesh cover is meant to touch the water if snow load is present. The springs should be at half point of their stretching capacity when it’s on proper. The issue with safety covers on the snow areas, is the water doesn’t freeze (supporting the cover) and you get snow and it sags. If this is just rain water accumulation, insure it’s toghtened properly.

Thanks for clarifying my previous post. I mistakenly lumped the load caused by rain or snow as being the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.