New to pool school

Hello! :) I am new to this site and I am confused about what setting up a signature is about and am not sure how or where to set up a profile? I’m not very computer savvy :/ Further directions/explanations would be so appreciated! I am not a new pool owner but I am new to trying to care for pool myself and feel that pool company I use is upset with me for it and gives me misinformation to keep me purchasing expensive chemicals. I am wanting to close my pool for the winter but because they didn’t do it at scheduled time it is now green and they say it is now ‘toxic’ and needs to be drained! Pool draining and closing cost... $600.00! Just on here trying to see if there are other options.... thank you to whoever responds :)

Hi and Here you go!

Signature:
-Go to "settings" at the upper right of this page.
-go to "edit signature" middle left of that page
-fill in this info:
-The size of your pool in gallons
-If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
-If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
-The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the brand and model of the filter.
-If you know, please tell us the brand and model of the pump, and mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.
-Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.
-What kind/model of water test kit you are using
-Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner
-Please mention if you fill the pool from a well or are currently on water restrictions

Profile: Settings again then edit profile, All we really need there is your closest big town and your State.

I will keep an eye on your thread and pop in this after noon.

I am not a new pool owner but I am new to trying to care for pool myself and feel that pool company I use is upset with me for it and gives me misinformation to keep me purchasing expensive chemicals.

Well, if it's any consolation, your pool company has probably been misleading you with misinformation since day one, not just since you declared you're done with them! Congrat's on finding TFP and taking over the pool yourself. The help here is amazing, and we'll have you running things yourself in no time. If you stick with it here, your pool will look better, and be healthier, than it ever has been. And you'll save a ton of money. I was in the same exact place as you about a year ago. Found this site, and have never looked back. It's all pretty easy. I've saved over a thousand dollars in pool guy expenses alone, and a ton on chemicals, too.

Once you get your signature up, the experts here will be better able to advise you about what to do. I don't know anything about closing a pool, but you're in the best of hands with Kim. If she doesn't know an answer to your question, she knows someone that does!

I can tell you this, though: taking care of your pool with TFP requires you test the water yourself and post the results. That's how you'll get the best help. TFP recommends buying one of only two test kits. Get yours ordered right away so you can start getting help here right away:

Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Buy a TFTestkits TF-100 or a Taylor K-2006C.

Have a look here, to see how to get the most out of this forum and site:

Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

When Kim comes back, she'll give you some other links to get you going. Feel free to ask any questions, someone will have the answer. And keep in mind, just about every one of us started out just like you!!

Welcome to TFP!! ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.