Rehab?

Qdogpa

Oct 18, 2018
Philly,pa
12 year old gunite pool, hydrazzo midnight Maui finish..approx 32,000 gallons with attached raise spa..color has faded somewhat , a few small cracks along bench edge in shallow end, spa has a bit of pitting in plaster, and small, hairline cracks along spa seat..attached waterfall

have begun to consider a rehab, as I don’t want to wait til it really is needed, then go commit to the rehab, and move within a few years .

have gotten a quote for an AB finish, new coping and tile ..over 30k... ouch...

does this seem excessive?

thanks

Hi and good job making sure to get this done before your back is against the wall and you HAVE to do it NOW!

When you say AB are you refereeing to aquaBright? That is the best pool surface out there. It is also the most expensive.

It is hard to tell if that price is a good one or not as each area is SO different in terms of price. What we recommend is getting at least 3 quotes (try for 5) in your area. Then compare them and see what is what. We would be glad to look over each quote and point out any problems as far as idea and such.

Kim:kim:

I will tell you that in Huston, TX you will get one price if you are "inside the circle" and a different one if you live "outside the circle". You will also find price difference if you live on this side of this town as compared to that side if the town is big enough. That is why it is a good idea to get quotes from your area.

Yeah there are not many people who do AB due to the extra costs. Not many people really understand why it is worth it to pay the extra cost. If your wallet is fat enough I say go for it!

Kim:kim: