New pool build in Round Rock Texas

A1Texan

Silver Supporter
Jul 11, 2018
Austin, Texas
Hello. I'm in the final stages of selecting a PB. The equipment he is quoting is as follows:
  • Hayward Tri-Star VS pump - model #SP3202VSP
  • Hayward - Aqua Rite T-15 model #AQR15
  • Hayward 525sf Cartridge Filter Model #C5030
  • OnCommand with wireless controller - Model #ONCOM
  • 1 ColorLogic LED light
  • Never Lube Valves
  • 4 Returns
  • 2 Skimmers
  • Plumbed for Polaris (but using robot)
  • Auto fill & Auto fill RPZ (back-flow device)

The rectangular pool would be 14' x 26' (Approx 12,500 gal) with 3 water sheers. He stated that I only needed one pump for everything. I thought I needed one pump for the water features and the VS pump for the pool and SWCG.
Any help with the above and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. He is a "Hayward" man so will need to stay with that.
Thanks

I see no issues with your equipment list. You can set up a schedule for the generation of chlorine at a lower pump rate and can increase the pump rate and move the valves to operate the sheers when you want. The SWCG can be operated under both modes, if necessary.

Just to give you a heads up, I believe that size pool would be more like 10,000 gallons. My pool is 12x32 and 11,500ish.

We have this neat feature called PoolMath which helps you determine pool volume size as well as chemical quantities. You'll use it a lot when it comes time to add something. Great feature!

Maddie :flower:

Should be a nice build Lonnie... Since there is no spa or heater indicated one pump will certainly be sufficient. One pump works for me and I have a 2 speed. Keep us posted and show some pics :)

Thanks Maddie and Cliff. I already have the app on my phone and all the books are downloaded. I've been studying all summer for this :)
I don't have a spa or heater and plan to check my water meter when they fill to be accurate as possible. I was just using PB estimate. Should be signing the contract this week and have the rendering pics that I can post soon.

Hi there,

One thing that catches my eyes is the Oncommend control panel with a remote. For pool equipment controls and automations, Hayward Omnilogic is the brightest and the newest one that you can go within Hayward brand. It doesn’t come with a remote controller, but it enables you to control all the pool equipment with smart phone app from anywhere in the world. Basically, any smart phones and iPads become remotes.

Jaymantx - Thanks for you thoughts with the OnCommand. I chose that because of the budget. I'm getting the wireless add-on that would allow me to use my smart phone or iPad. The extra savings is going towards decking and landscaping

Here is the design I came up with. It's 14' x 26"; 4' - 6' depth; 24" sun shelf for the dogs; 8" steps into the pool and corner step-out on the opposite corner. I'll find out this week time frame with permitting and dig start.
Pool Placement3.jpgLyman 10-3-18 (1).jpgLyman 10-3-18 (2).jpgLyman 10-3-18 (3).jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very nice Lonnie...

I totally get the budget thing and getting the best bang for the buck. However, give careful consideration to the "OnCommand" system. Read reviews, talk to PB, ask for references and check warrantees!! Mind you I know nothing about the system except I had not heard of it before. At the end of the day you just have to make the decision that is best for you and move on to the next hurdle...

Although the permit was received last week, the rain didn't stop until yesterday. I met with the PB yesterday and marked the yard for layout. I made a few minor adjustments to the walk in steps - to be 6" for more of a shallow entry so we moved the cutout back an extra foot so the steps wouldn't go too far into the pool area. Everything else looked good. He has a crew coming out today to start ripping up the old wooden deck to make room for the concrete deck replacement. Today I meet with PB for tile, quartz, coping selections. Security cameras all set up to tape the process of the build :D

Update - Crew started today to mark up the pool dimensions for the City Inspector on Monday to approve location. Met Leo (bobcat operator) and we are on the same page. Sport drinks and water was supplied and appreciated :D Really enjoying my drone for over head shots.

Having some issues uploading photos. I'll try again later

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.