Closing Article Concerns

If I may ask in order to help TFP improve, can you please expand on this claim? I’d love to learn more about your concerns.

Lee

Ok I was waiting for an answer here. But I will say coming from a person who never owned s pool let alone close one before that that article gave me a great jumping board. I read it. I gathered info here also and then I reached out to the builder who was coaching me through my build since he wouldn’t come build up where I live. Grrrr. Lol. I also reached out to 2 other members who love somewhat in my weather local and I made a choice. I listened to my builder too. Did I do everything the article said. No but it got me 90 percent there. I think it is a good spring board. Yes everyone’s situation is different. With regards to the 4 inches below the returns. This is a good point for my build. My goal all winter was keep water and ice off the tile. That’s all I was thinking about. So I kept lowering my water all winter. The last time I lowered my water when some ice was still on the water ice line was at the return plugs. I lowered andxwhat my builder and myself concluded was the ice grabbed 2 plugs and popped them out as I lowered. So we fixed everything. Had to blow out all the lines again and seal everything up. Thank god it was like feb and we were close to opening and the heavy frost was gone so no issues with pipes and frozen water.

But but. It made us think for next year. Lower 4 inches or so below returns? Then we would be uncovering my second step and my bench. Too much exposed plaster for my very worried self. So this winter he is going to use threaded plugs with an o ring I think a how he said it so they will hopefully hold better Incase ice plus on them if I lower the water.

Just my my uneducated opinion. But I am learning as the months go and have learned a ton here. I would never ever ever never ever have the pool and water I do and help if it wasn’t for trouble free.

I think the the article needs some notes. Or maybe extra demerits that others in the freeze zone have done. But it is deff a helpful article.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.