hf3

Jul 22, 2018
Round Rock, TX
Just got my TF-100 and tested the pool water. Are those results okay?

FC 1.5
CC 0.5
TA 110
CH 300
CYA 40-50 (~42)
pH 7.5

From what I read here the results are mostly okay except for CC. I've just got the pool 2 months ago and have been using Leslie's 3" tabs in the chlorinator (and I've burned through like 15 of them, too much?) and Leslie's Power Powder Plus for shock every week. Yet my FC level is hanging at ~1 or less and the algae is kind of showing up every other day. I've already stocked up on 6% bleach and I'm ready to start SLAM, is there anything I can do before it?

Welcome! :wave: First tip - stop using the pucks and bags of shock. They are increasing your CYA and/or CH (depending on the shock you are using). Those products will not clear-up algae. You need regular bleach. I use HEB's regular Bravo, then follow the SLAM Process page carefully. Don't stop until you pass all 3 SLAM criteria. That's important. Once you pass the SLAM, keep the FC balanced to your CYA as noted on the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. That's key to preventing algae from returning.

Before you start the SLAM and increase the FC, make sure to lower the pH to about 7.2. Last, make sure to update yoru signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Good luck!

Once you complete the SLAM process described above, make sure you are raising your FC levels to what is indicated in the FC/CYA chart Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart. On your CYA measurement, round up to 50, so you should be targeting 6 to 8 ppm on your FC, and never let it fall below 4 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.