New Construction - FL

poolcurious7

Bronze Supporter
Sep 20, 2018
Florida
Hi Everyone,
Appreciate all of your expertise.
What do you think of my possible design? Anything you would change?
Dimensions:
Pool dimensions overall:15x30, however width is by the spa which is 12’
Spa is 7’x5’
Sun shelf is 6’ x 8’
depth is 3'-6'

pic1.jpgpic2.jpgpic3.jpg

My opinion is since you have a sun shelf for shallow needs, make that 3' shallow end deeper. At least 3.5', but 4' is better. Take a tape measure up your leg and see how 3' is just goofy.

I'd also suggest making the pool a bit longer. 36' if you can swing it?? Gives you more room for actual swimming, playing, floating on mats etc.

I like the way you didn't let the spa cut into the swim lane. Have you considered putting it down at the far end of the pool instead of the middle? I can see an occasional game of volleyball happening...... :)

Maddie :flower:

Thanks for the replies!
trying to keep some green space for the kids. Will try to maximize. You think 3.6 at shallow end will be ok for my 3 young kids (all less than 7). At this point they wouldn’t be able to stand there.

Kids grow, they learn to swim so depth doesn't matter. They also float around on things. You don't want to have a kiddie pool with teens, right?

The littlest ones will stay on the steps and ledge anyway when not in an adults arms.

So the swim lane is 12+ feet wide? That's decent.

I wonder if the bubbler in the spa is necessary? It sort of takes away from the ledge being the center. Can one sit on top of a bubbler? I dunno?

I think the bubbler in the spa is included in price.

The two extra bubblers in ledge is ~$1200ish total, I might remove it to keep the cost down. Thoughts?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I REALLY like the new design! Well done! Bubblers are more of a "party favor" than anything. After a while you may find you only turn them on at the beginning of a get together then turn them off so you can hear.

Kim:kim:

I'd skip the bubblers too. Are you dead set on the sun shelf? It takes up a lot of valuable room in a small pool and imo id only have one in a very large pool. My pool is 16x32 and it's too small imo. Unless of course you know you will use it.

I like the new design as well but I would lose the bubbler in the spa and I would extend the stairs along that one shelf wall out the where that white line is. It would seem to me that people would want to walk into the pool from the shelf and that way they could.

What do you think of the following equipment:

506 sqft ~3.5-6 deep (pool is ~19 x 30 with large sun shelf and spa - see latest pic above)
Spa 7x7 - 6 jets
Pentair Intelliflo 3HP Pool Pump (8 variable speeds)
Pentair 200 Clean and Clear Filter
Pentair Intellichlor IC40 Salt System
Pentair Eastytouch 4 control System w/ Screenlogic
2 (10'') Anti-vortex main drains and 1 skimmer
Automatic pool cleaner line plumbed and valve
Return fittings and vac lock for cleaner line
Auto Drain System
400,000 Gas Heater

Thanks for your advice!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.