no power to pump needing assistance

Lanailounger

Silver Supporter
Aug 23, 2016
Southwest Florida
Communication lost between aqua link and pump sometime yesterday. Luckily just purchased the Doheney Discovery and love it. I mixed pool by brush this morning and Ph 7.6 FC 6.5 CC .5 TA 70.
Mixed spa by brush and PH 6.8 TA 40 FC 4.5. I run my spa 15 min to an hour a day.
I have liquid chlorine 10% and tabs and floater( got last year for hurricane Irma). Going out to buy borax laundry booster. Need some advice. Chlorine is fresh which I use for supplementation as needed with SWG.
Thanks
also, it rained very hard last evening! Could this be the culprit of my low PH in attached spa

An attached spa normally shares the water with the pool. If so, run the system to mix them. I would not add chemicals to the system based on a water test of only the spa water.

I know. No other way to mix a bit of water? I do not think a touch low pH in a sitting spa is of any consequence. Long term circulation through a heat exchanger can be an issue.

Remove the tabs now as they will drop your pH the quickest of anything. They are very acidic.

- - - Updated - - -

A better choice would be to use baking soda in the spa if you want to affect its chemistry. It is not as aggressive in moving pH and is fairly predictable in moving TA. Just raise TA to match the pool water.

L,

If you only lost "communications" with the pump, why don't you use the pump's control panel to run it? What is going to happen on Friday?

Your IntelliFlo should have constant power.. If you lost power and not just communications, it is most likely a tripped breaker. Have you tried to reset the breakers?

I also noticed that you were careful about not telling us what your CYA level is.. :confused:

Thanks,

Jim R.

My husband tripped breakers last evening, tried to run pump by control panel, no luck. I’ll have him look at it again this evening. I don’t do much in the mechanical department, maybe one of these days. Someone coming Friday to diagnose problem. Maybe he’ll figure it out by then.
CYA yesterday was 60. Just forgot to add it.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.