Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
IMG_1215.jpg

and mine is like this how mine looks =( not even close to the beautiful bleu even in bright sun light when its shinning on it IMG_1213.jpg once again there pic

so after all the research and talks to npt professional on colors and pools finishes. I wanted that beautiful finish midnight blue quartzscape which they guarantied that that is the color I’m getting . I have modern house and gray coping and yellow water tile. No trees around and noting to reflect this Jurastic of change in color so we finished the plaster yesterday and today the color looks horriable
they haven’t started the acid wash process yet to expose the quartz and i Don’t know if that will make a difference. I’m. very upset it’s nothing close to the actual images of what the company has on the books and actual pool customer picture which is nice blue finish. I’m ready to hand it I’ve to bbb and take it to different level because this is my life saving my main focus and I asked all the right question and shared all right pics and they gurrante with this I will getwhat im looking for and now this ��

Last edited:
The color will develop after the acid wash and as the plaster cures. The sparkle in the pool water can come from the right water balance and sun light.

Relax and let your pool cure and water chemistry get set over the first 2 months and then you can judge better.

I've been stressing about this for the past 2 weeks. After reading about color issues on the darker quartzscape plasters I decided to suck it up and upgrade to stonescapes mini pebble. Your color should balance out after brushing and you have the correct water chemistry.

Definitely let it acid wash, let the color mellow and get the water chemistry correct.

I do think having that much yellow as an accent color will give your color a more greenish hue than your example pic which has neutral accents.

As gdfein mentioned, you have lots of yellow walls, which will reflect on the water and cause water to look greenish than blue. But, as others said you should wait until everything is balanced and plaster is cured, because these things change water color greatly.

is that pool inside? i can't really tell anything from the picture.

but what others said. give it time.

my water was 1 color when filled. was another color for the first 4-6 weeks and then from all the brushing and exposing my quartz the color changed again.

ya so give it time.

I’ll give it Time that all
incsj do I was stressing topping I got really frustrated. I guess ill
jjst wait it’s just so hard to think it’s gone change that dramatically in cloe
to that nice blue. I even cover the whole
house with tarp and still logoon green. I don’t know if npt pics are really of photo shopped that would be fslse advertising. People pay lot of money to be happy and there excuses is always yeah it your surrounding but I went in there 10000 times talked to pro shows all my house pix and he said stay away from pebble and do quartzscape because it more modern and color is gurrantee so I paid more money to do it Ann’s is it looks like those blue pebble �� but I’ll wait I guess. I just don’t have any hopes in changing here recent pix again very little change

ok so its worse they did that start for 4 days never ran the pump only acid and brush and now I go nothing but lines a tree brach looking staines =( I don't know who's fault it is plastered or startup guy which they told me he was best of the best some say start take 2 week how he did it in 4 days and he dint do it right I'm getting swirl marks View attachment 87032View attachment 87033View attachment 87034 ii

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_1320.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It does take up to 30 day for the plaster to show it's true color. Make sure to get everything in writing so you have a paper trail.

This is something that needs to be between you and your PB. We can give you guidance but the finial doing will by up to you two.

I will share a link to some of the different ways to "start" plaster:

How to set up to have the best plaster job: A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes

Brief snap shots of different start ups: Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Full run down on the best BUT hardest start up: A Bicarb Start-up guide for TFP members

Next best start up BUT it leaves out to NOT put water in the pool right away. Wait at least 6 hours after plaster is put in before putting water in! The back of the card is what you want: google "NPC start up card". (I can't link to pdf files for some reason.)

Make sure to share this info with your pool builder!

Kim:kim:

You’re the opposite to me. I preferred my interior right after fill. It had a beautiful greenish tinge that reminded me of Fiji water. Obviously a lot of the pbs sample photos were also taken not long after fill as that’s what I went by. Oh boy did the water change. I still love it and in full sun it has that hint but is more of a sky blue now. Your water colour will absolutely change over the next month or so. Your bold colours will have a big impact though on what you see. I don’t think you will ever end up with the colour in your sample photo with your surrounds. I’ve come to accept and like the fact that each pool will be very unique in its appearance with any given finish. It’s like it has its own little personality [emoji4]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.