Pool equipment

Unfortunately, I don't know what pool equipment manufacturers/distributors are available in Nigeria. Can you provide more details? The two most common in the US are Pentair and Hayward. Assuming your pool is rectangular, you have about 20,000 gallons (US) or 90,000 liters. Some suggestions would be a 1.5HP pump with a pool that size, one or two skimmers, 2" plumbing pipes and a 30"-36" sand filter. Of course, there are many other possibilities, depending on availability if equipment, etc in your area. Ask plenty of questions - that can usually tell if your builder is being straight with you althoigh I wouldn't automaticall suspect he isn't. Get lots of references for him.

Thank you very much. Astral is the most available pool equipment here in Nigeria. Yes it is a rectangular pool. Will this ensure an effective filtration system? I plan on doing 12 hr
Unfortunately, I don't know what pool equipment manufacturers/distributors are available in Nigeria. Can you provide more details? The two most common in the US are Pentair and Hayward. Assuming your pool is rectangular, you have about 20,000 gallons (US) or 90,000 liters. Some suggestions would be a 1.5HP pump with a pool that size, one or two skimmers, 2" plumbing pipes and a 30"-36" sand filter. Of course, there are many other possibilities, depending on availability if equipment, etc in your area. Ask plenty of questions - that can usually tell if your builder is being straight with you althoigh I wouldn't automaticall suspect he isn't. Get lots of references for him.

Here in Australia Astral is the leading brand and has a very good reputation. All our equipment in our new pool is Astral and we couldn’t be happier with it. We have a swcg and a ph probe so the pool takes care of itself with respect to fc and ph. Of course I test but no need to manually add acid or liquid chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.