Painting Skimmer??

I get some of that yellow on mine each year.

If you buy a magic eraser and rub it with some water, it may very well turn white/new looking.

My skimmer throat is actually green/blue colored with a white weir door
and using a magic eraser made both look like new.

Painting...probably wouldn't do that.

I know Rustoleum still makes a paint for plastic outdoor furniture. That might work. We are considering using it for our plastic white chairs that seem to get that ugly gray color over the winter and the only thing that cleans them is either OxyClean with a lot of elbow grease, or a power washer. ;-)

Rust-Oleum does make a plastic paint, and it works great.

I never used it for a pool skimmer, but I used it for a barbie jeep. We had one of those power wheels Barbie jeeps - all pink and white. The kids out grew it but it still worked great. I took it all apart, and repainted it. Black trim, brown "leather" interior, and a camo exterior and then gave it to my nephew. That paint held up to 4 years of outdoor use before he got to old for it and they gave it away. As far as I know, it's still out there somewhere driving around.

As far as making the plastic white again, go on you tube and look up "restoring old plastic electronics" there is a whole community out there that restores old computers and video games, including bringing back the yellowed cases. there are a variety of methods that can be used.

-dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.