Very inexpensive way to control Polaris cleaner line from knotting.

Jul 11, 2008
Flintstone, GA USA
For 2.57 at Lowes and Home Depot you can buy the equipment to correct your pressure cleaner such as Polaris 380, 280, etc. from getting
all knotted.

I have made this after viewing the product "Cleaner Clips" which retail on line for 30.00 to 40.00 for 8 pcs.

Equipment needed: 1 10 ft. section of 3/4 inch "Thin Wall PVD Pipe". Be sure and get the thin wall as it is lighter.
cut it in 12 inch sections. The last section will be approx. 1/4 inch shorter but that does not matter.

Thread these sections on your cleaner line between the floats. This goes over the cleaner line very nicely. You may have to rearrange them as needed. I removed the black printing on the PVC pipe with fine sandpaper and very fine steel wool. This makes for better looks and is not necessary unless you are picky like me.

This works just fine and now my pool cleaner line does not get tangled. The cost in only $2.57 and sure beats the competition.

Very easy to do.

Let me know if you like this and if it works for you. Sure did for me. Looks and works great.

Here is a picture of my Polaris with my problem solver installed on the pressure line.Pool Cleaner hose Anti tangle.JPG

If you want to know more about how to do this, let me know. I installed it day before yesterday and have not had my pressure line to knot up not even once.

I am sure this would work on your pool that has a elec cord going to it as long as the cord floats. If it does not you can order
the Polaris floats and install them on the elec line.

- - - Updated - - -

See my reply with picture and info about working on your elec line.

Last edited:
This should work on your cleaner cord. What type cleaner do you have? If the plug will not pass through the 3/4 pipe you can split the pipe and get it around the cord. Be sure and use thin walled PVC. That is if your cord floats. Let me know if it works for you. You may even use 1/2 inch thin walled pvc because your cord should be smaller in diameter than 3/4 inch.

Why do I not get notices via e-mail when someone replies to my posts. I have it set in notifications to get them via e-mail?????

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.