Newbie!

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

You will not find any positive reviews of either a mineralizer or Ionization system on this forum. Both still require the same amount of chlorine in the pool water to keep it sanitary and clean. The mineralizer adds metals to your pool that build up and cause staining or other issues. The Ionizers really do nothing in a residential pool environment.

I suggest you read Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!

If you would like to learn more about TFPC, I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School book.

Hello and welcome to the TFP forum! :wave: I'll mention this now, you're in for an ear full :blah: and perhaps some surprises here in our forum about sanitation and using any mineralization/ionization processes. Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!

In the meantime, roam about our forum, checkout our ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry, and make sure to review/save those Vital Links below in my signature. Don't forget to update your sig as well. :wink:

Welcome! :wave:

Pool School has most of the answers, even answers to questions you didn't know enough yet to ask! Start off with the articles in this list: Pool School - Getting Started

Pool care is really rather simple. Keep the pH between 7.2 and 7.8, maintain adequate chlorine for your CYA level, brush once a week or so, vacuum about the same. That's 95% of pool care done. Once in a while you may need to clean the filter or adjust the other chemical levels. They real key is consistency: consistent testing (meaning do it yourself, not trust the pool store nor test strips) and consistent treatment. It'll soon get as mindless and routine as brushing your teeth before bed. You won't need minerals, ions, algaecides, clarifiers, or any other pricey pool store product.