Is there a recommended robot for long pine needles?

squirk

Sep 9, 2016
Southeast Louisiana
I have a lot of tall pines around my pool. My two skimmers catch a lot of the super long pine needles (7-10"), and my Legend collects at least a bagful of them each week.

Once my five-year old Legend and/or my booster pump gives up the ghost (which I expect to be sooner rather than later), I am going to switch to a robot. I have seen some models state that they do not do well with long pine needles. Are there any that are designed specifically for such debris? Or can I assume that most models are OK with the needles?

Please and thank you.

My brother has an active20, same as Maytronics S200 and Doheny's Discovery, and it picks up the pine needles just fine. I also have the same model, no pine needles, but it does a great job in our pool too.

My Dolphin E10 has zero issues picking up red pine needles. They are about 5 inches long and wish boned together, so 2 needles at a time.

It helps that pine needles in general are flexible and not stiff as a stick. That would be a problem for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.