Pump gushing water out

Jun 20, 2010
Southeast VA
So I came home today from work and noticed the water level was waaaaay down. I usually keep it just to the bottom of the skimmer screws. It was at the water level line. Water was gushing out the back of the pump, kind it from where the motor and the pump meets at the bottom. I called a local pool guy who is very reasonable. At the beginning of the season I noticed that it didn't sound normal. Louder than usual and thought that this may be the last season for it. It thoughts?

Could be . The thing that concerns me is the rust on the thing. Hopefully I can get it fixed or replaced tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to go out and mix some bleach and water and pour it around the pool.

Depends how long the seal has been leaking before it started gushing. You will fnd out when it is opened.

No reason to pre mix the bleach. Just pour in the pool. Use your brush to mix it.

I left for work this morning around 9:30 am. That's about the time the timer cuts on. I got home around 3:45. It was working fine yesterday no leaks, but it did sound funny. I had to shut it down so I wouldn't loose any more water. How long do these pumps last anyway? My pool was put in the summer of 2010.

- - - Updated - - -

No reason to pre mix the bleach. Just pour in the pool. Use your brush to mix it.

Yeah, I have been doing it this way since the pool was installed. I use a 5 gallon bucket and pour 1/2 a bottle of bleach into it then fill the rest with water. Water is always crystal clear.

Just wanted to update this thread. I did have a pool guy (not from a pool store) come out and replaced my motor. It did cost me $375 but it had to be done. The day he replaced it, we had a heat advisory so I got a market umbrella to shade him and also hooked up an industrial fan for him! It's running like a charm now and quiet!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.