Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2018
Clovis, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
After months of waiting for permits and other delays, finally putting the finishing touch on our pool build and backyard remodel -- a Duralum aluminum lattice patio cover. It will have a ceiling fan, floodlight, and electrical for string lights. I'll post photos of the progress, should be done by Friday. Construction starts tomorrow -- wish us luck!

Before picture is below, and you can see the full album of our pool build on this thread: Pool Build Photos - Gunite, Pebble Fina, Clovis Calif.

20180804_084558-756x1008.jpg

That came out great. My only concern is the amount of protection above the ceiling fan from rain. I know it’s an outdoor rated fan, but I’m pretty sure they’re not waterproof.
Can you get up on a ladder and see if there are vent holes on the top of the motor housing?

That came out great. My only concern is the amount of protection above the ceiling fan from rain. I know it’s an outdoor rated fan, but I’m pretty sure they’re not waterproof.
Can you get up on a ladder and see if there are vent holes on the top of the motor housing?

Yes, the fan is wet rated. Some outdoor fans are damp rated for covered areas, but this one is good to go for rain. Code required an energy star rated fan, and it was kind of a PIA to find one that was both wet rated and energy star.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That really came out great! I was very surprised when I sat under one like that.............it really does help block the sun and lowers the temp quite a bit while still being able to see the sky. Good job!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.