First actual test results.....little confused

So pool is full, I have added CYA over past few days and added salt this evening.

So I have a t-100 kit and used that for these results

Chlorine- 0
pH- little high at around 7.8 or so
CH- 120 or so
TA- 120
CYA - 50

So I added a gallon and 2 cups Clorox bleach, and roughly half gallon liquid stabilizer to get CYA up.
So with the pH little high and the TA little high, I should add some muratic acid correct?
I am planning on waitinh 24 hours after salt added to start my SWC....
Does this seem like the right path?

thanks in advance for the information

tom

Yes wait on the SWG, you can lower ph now, aim for 7 on poolmath then aerate pointing your returns upwards, this will help you lower TA. Wait on adding more CYA just in case it has not shown on test yet.

From my experience, your TA may not be too high at all.
I started with a TA of 280, very high TA fill water.
I have it at 110 currently and my PH has not changed much all summer, 7.6 or 7.8- mostly 7.6 , so I am leaving the TA where it is at, that is not a number to aim for, you aim for, or I should say, stay at a TA level when and where your PH stays consistent at a good level without spikes.
Also, your PH , you say 7.8 or so, is it 7.6 or 8?,
7.8 is fine

I don't have a SWG, but all your #'s look good other than the FC if in-fact PH is 7.8, just get the FC level to coincide properly
with the CYA of 50PPM, that is also the level I have mine at.
As far as CH, since a vinyl pool I don't test much, only because I have the testing regents and want to use them up, you do not need to do that test.
Just for comparison , mine is also at 120----------------- or so ? ;)
Looks like you have a better handle on getting pool water properly conditioned than me, took me quite awhile trying to decipher all the miss-info from my pool builder / pool store. I was way over thinking everything and too worried about everything that could happen with the water chemistry,, again, due to salesman forcing Chem's. .

You need chlorine in your pool now. Add liquid chlorine to get your FC up to 5 using pool math and then when you're ready, bring your SWG online. SWG's are meant to maintain a FC level, not raise it. All that does is put strain on the unit. Use manual doses of liquid chlorine for "raising" purposes.

Day 2 results....

So I come home this evening and I can see some darkend areas on the sides of my vinyl where my robot didn't get yesterday...…
So I do tests again...…

NO Chlorine again--im assuming the dark spots are algae which is consuming the chlorine....
TA 130
pH was high.....is muriatic acid indicated or not until chlorine and salt get stabilized?
CYA was good at 70
Salt showed on my kit via drop counter good at 3400 but my SWG alarmed at "low salt"- So I dumped 4 more bags of salt getting closer to what my pool math said I needed initially from tap water to goal ( Said I initially needed 16 bags....so with this addition is total 14)

I added total of 4 gallons of bleach 6% to try to get ahead of the curve.....
So I am gonna check tomorrow after work again and see if my SWG will work without low salt alert....

any info guidance is greatly appreciated

tom

It is safe to swim in a pool as long as FC is above minimum and at or below SLAM level. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end.

Day 3....have wife add more bleach this morning since I leave early....she cleaned and brushed pool...I come home from work test chlorine.....FC was 12 and no CC.....so I added like 5 gal......come home lil bit ago and check chlorine again.....FC was 35 and CC was 2......
Not going to add anything until I recheck tomorrow
Am I missing anything?

Tom

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So to pass a slam

You are done when:

• CC is 0.5 or lower;
  • You pass an OCLT (ie overnight FC loss test shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less);
  • And the water is clear.

I would check again tonight to see if your loosing FC. If so make sure to keep it above the 28. If it’s stable test in the morning prior to the sun hitting the pool. If you don’t loose more then 1ppm you’ve passed the OCLT. Then if the pool is clear your slam is done and you can let the FC drift back to between 5-7 and start the swcg again.

If any of these 3 don’t pass continue the SLAM. At this point it’s about PoP (pool owner patience)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.