New Build KY

Yes Kim I’m expecting that! I keep inching my CYA up. Trying to get to 70 but not over. Hovering near 60. Just added 2 more pounds per pool math. I haven’t had to add LC since first day. Loving the SWG. I don’t know why I didn’t use one before! pH keeps inching up. I’ll have to add acid today I suspect. The grandkids are loving this pool!!

SO happy to hear things are going better than expected and the Grands are LOVING the pool! I bet everyone is loving how tired they are LOL

Do we need to have the "potty in the pool" talk? As in what to do WHEN it happens?

Kim:kim:

No I don’t think so yet. The 3 year old a boy. Good grief he jumps out of the pool every 10 minutes pops that thing out and waters the mud. I’m forever helping with his trunks. 6 year old girl no problem. Twins 20 mo. Yep when it happens I’ll SLAM! I have lots of LC just for the occasion. Yay me!

Rain started coming down about 4 PM yesterday so I put the auto cover on because I didn’t want the rain In the pool and the leaves were blowing. I uncovered 24 hours later after I got home and the FC is 9.5. Yikes! Now I know when I close the cover to turn down the SWG maybe by 1/3.

Ahhhh I did not even think of that! Just remember it is okay to swim if your FC is below SLAM/shock level for your CYA as seen here: Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart (Know you know this but wanted to put it out there for others and just in case you had forgotten!)

Yes I took a screenshot of that chart and filed it in my photos under pool. I refer to it every day. For whatever reason I can’t remember my numbers. Lol oh well it’s on quick reference anyway. Ain’t no swimming here. It’s rain and a mud hole. Can’t get fence up with all this dang mud.

Rain started coming down about 4 PM yesterday so I put the auto cover on because I didn’t want the rain In the pool and the leaves were blowing. I uncovered 24 hours later after I got home and the FC is 9.5. Yikes! Now I know when I close the cover to turn down the SWG maybe by 1/3.

Better yet, reduce the pump runtime by 1/3 (which effectively reduces the FC production the same). That way you also get energy savings by running the pump less. And you don't need the extra filtration time anyway since it's covered.

Sometimes I just let mine go high a bit then turn the cell off until it drops back into range. Actually I do both (or all possible methods) of FC manipulation depending on how I feel and the circumstances.

Better yet, reduce the pump runtime by 1/3 (which effectively reduces the FC production the same). That way you also get energy savings by running the pump less. And you don't need the extra filtration time anyway since it's covered.

Sometimes I just let mine go high a bit then turn the cell off until it drops back into range. Actually I do both (or all possible methods) of FC manipulation depending on how I feel and the circumstances.

Thanks perfect! Much easier than messing with SWG. I'll turn off pump!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here’s some tfp water!
1f901ae079d91bf2304c861fb0cd2652.jpg

And from over 100 feet away I can see the main drains
43a2fc6bcc2ff8e404573ffaf245ed98.jpg

Good times!

You are SO right! That is some TFP water to the max! I bet you have to wear shades with the sun is shining on it! SPARKLES!!!

So that slide...........who has gone down it so far? Has anyone taken one of the littles down it yet?

You are SO right! That is some TFP water to the max! I bet you have to wear shades with the sun is shining on it! SPARKLES!!!

So that slide...........who has gone down it so far? Has anyone taken one of the littles down it yet?

The biggest little went down right away. Dad and Moo have gone down!

And I have been planting and digging and planting.

Pink muhly grass

4f2096a17e8f7115d238597a33ddc627.jpg

Dwarf Butterfly bushes for the biggest little and pencil holly behind that

4bf20622f45274595c90c2aa8539729a.jpg

Candy corn spirea and pencil holly

3c5636f04ad3bf4c8570a170e4ace3f3.jpg

Gold thread cypress aka mop bushes, variegated lariope and arborvitae. In the spring I will put flowers in front of the mops
75642419f85336cefc8970d9f82375b8.jpg

Y'all are sure getting some good use out of that pool and area! Swim and eat all right there! I LOVE the swimmies or no touching the concrete rule! You will feel even better once that fence is done I am sure!

Love that playground area I can see past the littles at the table. What a wondeful area you have built for your family! :hug:

LOL that you have already been down it! I bet the kids loved seeing that!!!

That whole area is really coming together with those plantings!

Yes Kim. Their dad built that play area. He designed it and built it in a few days!
648666e5e55c5488d7983ca4b32fc97b.jpg

And you are right. I’ll feel a million times better when the fence is up. Thankfully I have an auto cover and so far only the ducks have thought it would be a good idea to get on it. At least they aren’t pooping in my pool.

Son in law is cooking it in the fence today. Finally no rain. It’s still a mud hole but...

55c8804ea3085c8df964738771326912.jpg

fa20d5488799b196e1d074fd35ef4976.jpg

Fence height will be 5 ft. 3 inches over the top board. Our dogs will sail over a 4 ft fence like they are walking. They will go over 5 ft but will have to at least think about it first.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.