Countdown begins

I have done some minor work with PVC before. However doesn’t it just replace the Chlorinators and run to a power supply and control center mounted on a wall?

You can leave the chlorinator in place. Some folks use that during vacations and such and keep their CYA on the low side so they have room for those pucks to add their cya to their levels safely.

The control box goes on your wall next to your timer (or wherever you want it) and the cords get tied in to the timer.

The cell itself is usually cut into the distal pipe returning water to your pool. It isn't too difficult and you'd want to use those pvc unions to allow you to remove the cell for maintenance .

Maddie :flower:

You can leave the chlorinator in place. Some folks use that during vacations and such and keep their CYA on the low side so they have room for those pucks to add their cya to their levels safely.

The control box goes on your wall next to your timer (or wherever you want it) and the cords get tied in to the timer.

The cell itself is usually cut into the distal pipe returning water to your pool. It isn't too difficult and you'd want to use those pvc unions to allow you to remove the cell for maintenance .

thanks very much Maddie

i heard from the PB today to confirm some things. The start date is July 30th, we also confirmed the Hayward AQR940 SWCG, I am feeling a bit Leary on this as I see much better Hayward products that are less expensive then the one I’m currently getting. About $600.00 difference in price. I am aware the 940has a year longer warranty but just can’t help thinking I’m being gouged on the deal. I’ve read several posts about sacrificial anodes. Is this a necessity and would that be something that would automatically be installed?

getting excited here

To tell you the truth I am not positive on this idea of needing a sacrificial anode. Some pools have them, many do not. SWGs don't seem to *require* them yet some have them and others not. I am not aware of any particular or obvious damage happening to those without?

What's more important is that your pool is *properly bonded*- all the metals pieces around the pool and the equipment get tied together with a slim copper wire. It has to be on everything and there is a nut on your pump to include it too.

As to the price diff on the SWG....<sigh>.... do you like your builder? Is he doing good work for you? If you don't think obtaining your own equipment would offend him or make things feel odd go ahead and tell him you can do better. But there is something also to be said for having him install and be your contact for warranty issues and maybe just extra help or good will. Sometimes PBs end up throwing in extra features (maybe extra labor or something) for folks if they are making a decent profit on their build. I dunno... you'll have to see how this feels if you ask him about prices and how you feel about him.

The PB has been a friend from the past. The company has been in business for over 60 years. I want them to make money as profit is not a bad word. Plus they will be the ones installing it and my go to for any issues that arise..
i am wondering what chemicals I need to purchase to balance the water prior to adding the salt. I’ve done some homework by reading pool school and know that I need CYA or stabilizer and for salt it needs to be 60-70 ppm. Will also need to get some bleach to initially get some chlorine in the water to start with before adding the salt. I have the TF100 kit with speedstir but not sure if it contains the salt tester or if it’s somet I need in addition.
Your help is greatly appreciated by me.

Ordered the salt test kit from TF test kits. They stated the control panel displays the salt value, but I trust the kit for right now until I get validity from the panel that it is
accurate.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Totally agree not to overthink the salt test. Let the equipment work for you. I wait for the equipment to say low salt then I test and add a bag. I have seen people add too much so take your time...

Hello again, visited my PB today to verify a couple of things. I went back to the warehouse and noticed a skid of salt bags. I inquired if this would be the salt I will be getting for my pool and he said yes, while looking at the bag,(wishing I would have taken a photo now) it stated on the bag that it contains an anti-caking agent in it. I inquired regarding this, stating that I’ve heard the salt should not contain this and he stated "oh it will be fine".
since this will be my first saltwater pool, I want to do everything in my power to ensure I have done everything to produce a good clear trouble free pool.
‘All comments are welcomed and encouraged.

Thanks

Great news as the pool kit was delivered today. PB states they hope to be here on Wednesday since they are cutting through massive rock on their current install. So today the stuff sits in the yard getting rained on although all boxes wrapped in packing film on the skid. Excitement is brewing

EE52DF0C-835D-42A4-9A23-36C462D214A0.jpg
‘Well here is the kit all wrapped up. Talked with the PB today as they were supposed to begin today. However, rain has dampened the ground and due to excessive stone or rock found at their current build. Our start has been pushed back to hopefully Friday. Weather looks cooperative here the remainder of the week but only time will tell. I will say staring out the door at the kit doesn’t quell the patience any.

Lol wait until the hole is in the ground! Then you will really get impatient! We are both hoping the weather cooperates! We get what you get so calm it down over there! I’m just upriver a piece from you!

I saw where you posted that you live in Hawesville.. we’ve gotten quite a bit of rain in the last couple days. How’s your pool doing? Hopefully they’ve finished the floor with concrete. Friday is supposed to be dig day here. Will be posting more pics when it begins.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.