Whoops! Check my numbers?

How long should it take bleach to circulate?

5pm FC= 11
Added 3 gallons
6pm FC= 14.6
Needed to add one gal, but I was out. Water was down a bit (from evap & dog play) so I added water (30 min?)
Went to dinner and picked some up on way home.
11pm: FC= 15.6

I added no bleach between 5 and 6, so 7 hours later it’s still distributing? This isn’t the first time I’ve noticed this. Our circulation isn’t fab, but I’d say it’s decent.

Starting to wonder how much chlorine is in our tap water.

Interesting! I always have my pump on high for a few mins (5 or so) when I add my chlorine. Then I turn it down to low and move on. When I have tested to make sure I made my mark I did so within in 30 mins of adding it and it was on the mark. I also wonder how high your city water it. Might be worth is to test just to see.

Kim:kim:

In testing FC, I’m assuming testing with the 25 mark is more accurate than the 10 mark. How skewed might things get if I started using 10? I’m blowing through the DPD powder and reagent.

Didn’t have time to test this morning prior to running out the door, but threw in 2 gallons of bleach for good measure.

Tested upon return (11:30am) and FC is at 11.6. Glad I put the 2 gallons in! (2 more went in at 11:30).

875cc12317f12fea441e7ce9a4c7d372.jpg

In testing FC, I’m assuming testing with the 25 mark is more accurate than the 10 mark. How skewed might things get if I started using 10? I’m blowing through the DPD powder and reagent.

I've been told by more experienced folks here to think of it like this: It's really not an EXACT science.

If Pool Math says add 85 ounces of LC and I'm using a 16 ounce solo cup to add my chlorine, I DO NOT add exactly 5.3 solo cups worth of the stuff. I add 5 full cups, I might estimate about 1/3 or 1/2 another cup and call it a day. But that's just my opinion on the matter. LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been told by more experienced folks here to think of it like this: It's really not an EXACT science.

If Pool Math says add 85 ounces of LC and I'm using a 16 ounce solo cup to add my chlorine, I DO NOT add exactly 5.3 solo cups worth of the stuff. I add 5 full cups, I might estimate about 1/3 or 1/2 another cup and call it a day. But that's just my opinion on the matter. LOL

I fluff a few extra ounces too. An extra 1ppm is no biggie.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.