Finally got the pool up

Jan 29, 2018
Tallmadge, OH
Taking a day off Friday and working on it most of the day yesterday, including about 1,000 trips to the hardware store, I finally got the pool up. I used 2 x 4 x 8 concrete blocks for the legs dug down to ground level and taking measurements I'm within 3/4" of level.

We had this pool last year and used the filter that came with it, but this year I got the Krystal clear 28651EG sand filter and so far I have to say I like it a lot. I did a bit of hard plumbing to make life a bit easier and Intex have come to their senses and made their fittings 1.5". Although, I did have to make some gaskets because you can't get the fitting tight enough to not have the hose move and therefore leak.

Only problem I have is that the collar that holds the control valve to the filter body cracked where it screws together, so I have to try and source another one. Looks like I'll have to ring Intex for that because I can't find anything online using their product number. For the time being I've used a quick clamp on the crack to hold it together and it's doing fine.

Anyway, here's a Friday shot when it was being filled and a Saturday arvo shot of it hooked up and ready to swim in.pool 2018.jpgpool 2018 2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.