Surge Protector for Aqua Logic?

dlwxman

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2013
Lafayette, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
I have my 2nd bout of Chlorinator Off-No cell power in the last month. After the first one I had the K1 relay replaced at a local computer repair shop. That worked for a week and a half, then it happened again. Do the K1 solder burns generally occur due to lightning or a surge in the local electrical grid or what? Is there any way to install a surge protector to help prevent this from happening? Or do I just pray over it every day?

Thank you!

I realize this is an older thread but I added one of these to my AquaLogic system (I have a whole house protector but figured it wouldn't hurt):

Intermatic AG3000 Surge Protector: Amazon.com: Intermatic AG3000 Surge Protector: Home Improvement

They say this is made for HVAC systems and the Intermatic PS3000 is for Pool and Spa systems (approximately $30 more): Intermatic PS3000 Pool and Spa Surge Protective Device - - Amazon.com

But I chatted with an Intermatic tech guy who told me they are pretty much identical and the AG3000 will work just fine for a pool/spa setup.

Simple install.

LL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.