Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer door keeps getting stuck

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer door keeps getting stuck

I have Hayward SP-1084 Skimmer and the door get stuck up and some get stuck down also. It feels like there is a lot of play in the door hinge has anyone had this or fixed this. Any input would be great.

Thx Mike
    gunnite bottom and fiberglass walls that have been coated with epoxy paint. Approx. 24000 gallons, sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Any One...
    gunnite bottom and fiberglass walls that have been coated with epoxy paint. Approx. 24000 gallons, sand filter.

3. Back To Top    #3
    A quick, and far from perfect, fix is to trim the edges of the door so they no longer bind. This isn't ideal as it allows more water through along the sides, but the effect is usually minor.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mike,

I may be out in left field here but I had a similar problem as to what you are explaining. I thought I had checked everything and come to find out that I had a small pebble lodged down in the corner. Once that was removed, it worked just fine. If it is a clearance issue, I believe Jason has already explained what to do. Good luck.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

5. Back To Top    #5

I had the same problem in one skimmer and not the other. I decided to switch the doors and it worked. No more problems

6. Back To Top    #6

same problem here, I got a smaller door for the skimmer, works pretty good so far *crosses fingers*

-Thomas
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Can you replace the door? I could not find it on the parts list. Thank you

8. Back To Top    #8
    it is called a weir maybe that is why you couldnt find it, but you can get universal ones at most pool stores. Walmart doesn't sell these so unfortunately you can't support corporate america on this purchase.

9. Back To Top    #9
    I have the Skimline Deluxe through the wall skimmer and the lid is real hard to release if you snap it in place, so I have just stopped "locking" it in, just kind of lay it on top.
    2007 - 24' AG Doughboy Desert Spring dished 1.5', with DB Power Pak II-1hp pump, DB Sequel I Plus DE, Hayward H-Series Heater 100k + 8gal LQ.