Skimmer door keeps getting stuck

mjt123

Jul 5, 2007
I have Hayward SP-1084 Skimmer and the door get stuck up and some get stuck down also. It feels like there is a lot of play in the door hinge has anyone had this or fixed this. Any input would be great.

Thx Mike

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
A quick, and far from perfect, fix is to trim the edges of the door so they no longer bind. This isn't ideal as it allows more water through along the sides, but the effect is usually minor.

divnkd101

LifeTime Supporter
Mike,

I may be out in left field here but I had a similar problem as to what you are explaining. I thought I had checked everything and come to find out that I had a small pebble lodged down in the corner. Once that was removed, it worked just fine. If it is a clearance issue, I believe Jason has already explained what to do. Good luck.

poolio

Jun 23, 2007
it is called a weir maybe that is why you couldnt find it, but you can get universal ones at most pool stores. Walmart doesn't sell these so unfortunately you can't support corporate america on this purchase.

krcossin

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 14, 2007
Detroit Burbs
I have the Skimline Deluxe through the wall skimmer and the lid is real hard to release if you snap it in place, so I have just stopped "locking" it in, just kind of lay it on top.