New liner installed

May 22, 2017
Charleroi PA
Hello again, my first post of 2018. As the title states we had to install a new liner and the pool is almost full. I just used city water to fill and I’m probably not going to be able to install pump for at least two days from now. So I’ll be asking some questions soon about water testing and balance. Mostly want to get stabilizer level close so when I start Chlorine it won’t burn off so fast etc.

Congrats on the new liner.
You can dose CYA, but it will be hard without a running pump. Keep the CYA off your liner so it doesn't fade & spot your new pretty liner. City water doesn't have any CYA in it so no need to test for it and you know your starting point. As much as you want to get CYA in there, it may be easier to wait for a working pump unless you can let your fill hose run over a sock filled with CYA.

You can dose the chlorine with some bleach to 3ppm in the evening and it should hold overnight. Stir it around with a brush / broom to get it mixed well. That should get you through until you can get your pump installed. On a fresh fill with clean water, not much bad will happen in a couple of days this way.

When you get the pump installed, run it for 30 mins before you grab your water sample. Post your results up here and we can offer advice.

My pump has been on for past 24 hrs and all seems well. I was wondering if I could use liquid stabilizer to get it into the pool faster. Also not sure what level to shoot for, 40 or 50 ? Last summer it ran high due to pool shop and switching from baqucil. Please advise. Pool math says to use 113 oz of liquid stabilizer for my 8200 gal pool for a level of 40. I’m leaning in that direction and probably will run out to pick up a gal of liq stab. I’ll just put a little in at a time and keep pump running for a good while after treatment.

Liquid stabilizer is fine. Shake it up good. Use the whole bottle soon as it settles and solidifies in the bottle.

Get some chlorine in that water.

As long as pH is stable, TA of 50 is fine.

If your pH drops, add some baking soda to raise TA to 70 or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.