Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2007
Baton Rouge, La.
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Okay...For Fathers Day, my wife said get a new cleaner! She is tired of me complaining about repairing my Pentair Legend (11 years old). So tell me I won't go wrong with the Active 20 spending $800 plus tax for this! I have a few Questions:
..I rarely took my cleaner out of the pool..(every 4-5 days to clean bag then right back in) Do I need to take the Active 20 out every day.
..Can control box stand a little rain?
..How long do the rubber tracks and brushes last before they need to be replaced?
Thanks for any advice!!:cool:

I purchased one a month ago.

I leave mine in all the time and pull it out to clean it about once a week.

It is best to protect the control box. It is water resistant, but I would not subject it to direct rainfall.

No idea on the longevity.

I purchased mine through Marina Pool in Denver, CO. A bit less in cost than what you show. No tax or shipping cost.

I do. It works well. Gets up to the water line but balks a bit at our water line tile. But still the brush just gets to the waterline.

The cord twists some. It has a swivel but it is pretty stiff and it is easier for the cord to twist than the swivel to rotate.

Marina only sells via telephone orders. So you receive the full warranty. And a $50 rebate from Maytronics.

Take care.

Thanks for the info...well, I’m a new owner of the Active 20..I know it would be a little cheaper online, but I do like to support local stores “some”. I like the pinch a penny here..it’s owned by a young couple who work hard at running their store.
So I’ll drop it in this afternoon and give a report in a week or so?

Attachments

• F9B44C82-5D9F-484C-92CD-28B823B3CBD8.jpg
    F9B44C82-5D9F-484C-92CD-28B823B3CBD8.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 89
Congrats! I predict satisfaction in your future.

We'll see if the OP replies, but I put mine in about twice per week max and remove after each use. Sometimes use is less often than that because I have an autocover that is used more early and late season. This will be my third season with him and I'm opening Saturday, so Earl will get his wake-up call.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.