New Build in The Colony, TX

as of right now we are in the middle of the permit stage of the build. HOA and electric company has approved, now just waiting on the City. ETA June 15th

Pool
13’ x 31’ free form

3’.6” to 6’ deep

12,178 Gal

Pebblesheen blue surf color

Spa
7’ diameter square

24” raised

8 therapy jest 3 in a tri jet setup (waterway storm)

Water features
3 water falls in 24” retaining wall 2 18” 1 36”

LED Bubbler on ledge

Decking
520SF of travertine

Tile
(subject to change if wife wants to)

Spa spill over: master tile watercolor GW8M2348B11

Waterline: Fujiwa Tile Marmi-Classico

Pool decking: Tumbled Ivory Travertine in a Versailles pattern

Retaining wall: some new porcelain tile made to look similar to Travertine 12x36

Coping: Bull-nose: tumbled Classic Travertine

Equipment
(all part numbers are still unknown at this time but will be known before ordered)

Intelliflo 3.0HP main pump

Whisperflo 2.0HP water feature pump

IC 40 Salt w/ET

Pentair DE 60 or 520 (I’m still on the fence about going DE or cartage. Right now leaning more towards cartage any advice will be of great help)

Easytouch 8 w/salt & Screenlogic

Mastertemp 400K

3 LED Paraglo color changing lights (1 spa 2 pool)

Colorcascade LED color changer bubblier

Paramount PVR in floor cleaning system with Debris canister (I know most shy away for these however, seeing that the cost for this was just a few hundred dollars than a robot plus my hate of seeing wires/pipes in my pool. In addition, having kids and knowing how they will treat the robot/side suction cleaner was another push.)

Poolmiser auto-fill

Braun_003.jpg

Braun_004.jpg

Braun_005.jpg

Braun_006.jpg

Braun_007.jpg

Braun_008.jpg

20180522_135434.jpg

That looks really nice. You may want to research the light up bubbler. I was going to get one and they are expensive but others on this forum have had issues with them not working properly or breaking and costing a lot to fix.

If if you want to light up the sunself I know jandy makes the 1 1/2 in nichless lights and I have a 9w on our self and it works really well.

https://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/sl/sl6502.pdf

That looks really nice. You may want to research the light up bubbler. I was going to get one and they are expensive but others on this forum have had issues with them not working properly or breaking and costing a lot to fix.

If if you want to light up the sunself I know jandy makes the 1 1/2 in nichless lights and I have a 9w on our self and it works really well.

https://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/sl/sl6502.pdf
Thank you for the update. I will look into it more. I did send an email to pb and got a response that pentair did indeed have an issue with these and changed manufactures due to quality issues a few years back. He guaranteed me that i will not have these issues.

Nice design. I used the same Pebblesheen and glass tile with ivory travertine. New pool in South Florida - feedback request

Is the rendering of your coping accurate? 2" thick bullnose is the thickest I found.

Make sure your water feature pump is variable speed and the plumbing is setup so you can control the waterfalls and bubblers on independently. I rarely have all my features on at the same time and my original 1.5hp feature pump turned my waterfall into a raging torrent.

And definitely go for the LED bubbler. They're really cool. I put two in but in hindsight one would have sufficed.

Nice design. I used the same Pebblesheen and glass tile with ivory travertine. New pool in South Florida - feedback request

Is the rendering of your coping accurate? 2" thick bullnose is the thickest I found.

Make sure your water feature pump is variable speed and the plumbing is setup so you can control the waterfalls and bubblers on independently. I rarely have all my features on at the same time and my original 1.5hp feature pump turned my waterfall into a raging torrent.

And definitely go for the LED bubbler. They're really cool. I put two in but in hindsight one would have sufficed.
I asked ablut a vs pump for the water features. Pb told me it was not necessary as the 3 water falls willl have to he on all together or not at all. Said the vs pump wont work correctly when turned down. Is this not the case? If not i will push for the vs pump. The renderings are not as close as i would like them to be haha. Not sure about rhe copeing i will have to ask about it. However the example i saw in the showroom looked to be more than 2" thick.

I asked ablut a vs pump for the water features. Pb told me it was not necessary as the 3 water falls willl have to he on all together or not at all. Said the vs pump wont work correctly when turned down. Is this not the case? If not i will push for the vs pump. The renderings are not as close as i would like them to be haha. Not sure about rhe copeing i will have to ask about it. However the example i saw in the showroom looked to be more than 2" thick.

I can only speak from my experience. I originally got a single speed 1.5 HP feature pump and everything was a overdriven and very loud. I made the PB come back (paid some $$) and replace it. We actually like the bubblers just breaking the surface. It sort of makes a babbling brook sound. The sheer descent also greatly benefited from the ability to dial it down.

You're going to need more HP/water with 3 sheer descents but there will be times when you only want the bubbler. Since our bubblers are lighted, we tend to run those after dark and the sheer descent during the day. At night the descent is not dramatic at all and just runs making noise and raising the PH.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Our bubblers and a fountain pole that I can install in our spa run off our main pump. The PB added two automated valves so I can turn them on/off remotely. I then just dial in an rpm and they run.

I have a seperate 1 hp for the sheer decent and two water bowls. So there are other options

being able to control the features independently is a must.

I can only speak from my experience. I originally got a single speed 1.5 HP feature pump and everything was a overdriven and very loud. I made the PB come back (paid some $$) and replace it. We actually like the bubblers just breaking the surface. It sort of makes a babbling brook sound. The sheer descent also greatly benefited from the ability to dial it down.

You're going to need more HP/water with 3 sheer descents but there will be times when you only want the bubbler. Since our bubblers are lighted, we tend to run those after dark and the sheer descent during the day. At night the descent is not dramatic at all and just runs making noise and raising the PH.
I just got off the phone with the pb. He said the booster pump is for the sheer waterfalls. The bubbler with be placed on the vs pump. And both the 3 waterfalls and the bubble can be run Independently of each other. He said the 3 waterfalls takes a lot of water and i wouldn't be able to run the spa, bubble, and waterfalls as well as the pool all at the same time on the vs pump. He also stated that everything will be dialed in via the valves once installed

Fair enough. That plan sounds like it would work. You can add restriction via valves to the feature pump to dial down the waterfalls if necessary. I'd still make sure you have the ability to (via automation) turn off as much aeration as possible. You'll want to run the pool in normal mode with neither feature running.

Fair enough. That plan sounds like it would work. You can add restriction via valves to the feature pump to dial down the waterfalls if necessary. I'd still make sure you have the ability to (via automation) turn off as much aeration as possible. You'll want to run the pool in normal mode with neither feature running.
My understanding is i will be able to turn all features off and run just the pool. All this waiting is killing me :(

What is your opinion with the DE vs Cartridge debate?

I am just now finding this thread..........that is a pretty design! Looks like you have it all under control so I can sit back and watch!

Can we see where this pool will be going please?

Kim:kim:
Its going in my backyard haha. Attached is the orginal location draw up. Location is the same but a few thingd inside the pool has changed. This should if you a good idea of the location. My backyard is really small so it takes up most.

Kim thanks for the comment that it seems i have everything under contol. I have been stalking your post in other threads and taking notes :)
78a5ca2e019970f81e96ca1f917ca8d2.jpg

Foursix here is a picture of the coping i took today at the PBs showroom. Its around 2" think maybe a bit more.
7bc96b5fdc29774b72a3e758a2f956d0.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.