Waterfall Pump Help

May 26, 2018
Eastpointe MI
Hello, I have a small waterfall (not attached to a pool) in my back yard, it is a pondless waterfall (Picture attached) and I just opened it for the year, cleaned it all out etc and put the pump in (Aquasurge 2000) and it runs for exactly 5 minutes and then stops. I have tried cleaning more but it is as clean as it can get, there is no debris anywhere to be seen in the pump or the reservoir. I do not know if there is something I am missing as a trouble shooting technique or if the pump can be repaired or if I need a new one. I had this built and installed for me and I do not have anyone I can consult and I am not very mechanically inclined so in my searches I came across this website and everyone seems so knowledgeable and helpful I thought I would try to find a solution here before buying a new pump. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer

23097 Melrose Ave Eastpointe-large-007-11-23097 Melrose Avenue00007-1500x1000-72dpi.jpg

Hello Bella. Well, not sure how much help we will be for you on this pool forum, but some DIY'ers might have a thought. I made a fairly large water garden at one time. Like your waterless set-up, they are fairly straight-forward. But for a pump to run just a few minutes and shut-off would make me concerned about either an overheating motor simply from age, or partial blockage of water flow through the motor also contributing to overheating. Before you installed the motor, I'm assuming it had a filter screen of some sort? Was that cleaned as well? If so, it may simply be time to get a new motor. As a last resort, you might try taking the pump out of there and setting it in the bathtub for a few minutes just to see how long it operates in a clean, controlled environment. Also, with the pump unplugged, look carefully in the openings to see if any debris got sucked-in which might be preventing the motor and/or impeller from turning freely. But that's about all I can think of at the moment. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.