chlorine demand help

May 23, 2018
riddle, or
We opened our 32,000 gallon in ground pool this weekend. the Biogard test showed the following:
PH 7.5 Alk 131 hardness 258 free chlorine 0 total chlorine 0.

For the chlorine they had us add 8 lbs of super soluable. I did a stick test later that day and the chlorine was still at zero. I notified my pool place and had another test done and a chlorine demand test. They told us we would have to add 30 gallons of liquid chlorine so we did that last night. Today our chlorine is at zero again. Currently taking another test to be taken. So frustrated what else can we do to fix this problem.

thanks

Well, for starters, get yourself a good test kit like the one in my signature, and stop relying on the pool store!

Did they mention if you had any CYA? Have you put anything else in the pool besides chlorine, like algaecide?

Wow! Well, it sounds like you are throwing darts in a snowstorm. Ugh. Welcome to TFP! :wave: You want clear water?...., I'm sure we can help. But it all starts with proper at-home testing with either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. There's just no substitute. Anything else is unreliable. If you could obtain one of those kits and provide a full set of test results, I'm sure we can help you. In the meantime, please update your signature with all of your pool info, and be very careful about the amount of bleach/chlorine you are adding at one time. With proper test results, we can help you with all of that. Hope to hear more from you.

I am new to TFP as well and listen to these folks when they tell you to get the test kit it will save you a serious amount of cash in the long run. They will guide you as they have guided me to a crystal clear pool and keep you out of those dreaded pool stores that suck all your cash out of your pocket instead you can use that extra cash for a new blender for pool drinks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.