New to pools: Did I fry my Intelliflo pump??

May 23, 2018
FL
We just bought a home with a pool (first pool for us). Previous owner gave me a brief run down on what is what...but no "tips" etc. Pool is saltwater in ground with an Intelliflow 4160 variable speed pump that was manufactured in 2012, it also has the Easy Touch outdoor control box by the same company. We were away from the house for a week and I never knew or thought to keep water level above the skimmer.

Pump was set on a standard timer for 12 hours on/off (gray metal box with yellow time wheel). I noticed the pump was not running while moving some things in. Noticed water level was low and I started connecting the dots, then painfully realized pump must of ran dry for an extended time. Pump currently won't turn on when manually cycling the timer switch. Lights on the salinator light up like a Christmas tree. It was dark so I didn't do anything besides cycle the power lever on the timer box.

Does this pump have a protection mode? Or did I cook the pump? I am very mechanically inclined so I'd like to fix it myself. This really sucks and I am learning about pool maintenance the hard way for a newby.

The IntelliFlo pump goes through a Prime cycle every time it’s requested to start up. If the pump does not sense that the wet end is primed, it will shutdown for a few seconds and try again. It will cycle like this a few times and then go into a Fault mode.

Apply power to the pump and then open up the front panel and look at the display. I bet is says something like “Fault Detected”. You can clear that by pushing the Reset button.

Thank you. Local pool supply house told me the same thing today. I was very worried. I have downloaded the manual for the Easy Touch outdoor panel and will attempt to start it up this weekend. I also signed up for an on site pool school session.

If you have an IntelliFlo and EasyTouch, it doesn't make sense to have the pump turned on and off by an external timer. You can control the pump from the EasyTouch or the controller on the pump.

If you have an IntelliFlo and EasyTouch, it doesn't make sense to have the pump turned on and off by an external timer. You can control the pump from the EasyTouch or the controller on the pump.

I thought the same thing myself once I learned more about them. I will try to fool with it this weekend and figure things out.

I thought the same thing myself once I learned more about them. I will try to fool with it this weekend and figure things out.

Take pictures of the pump and panel wiring (you will need to remove the front metal panel to expose the bus bar and wiring) and post them. It may have not been wired up properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.