Ready to start TFP help!!

Jjswat

Jun 8, 2017
Ocean Springs
Just received my tf100 test kit. Got most of the solids out blind scooping bottom best I could.
Results
PH 8.4
CL 0
TA 90
CH 225
CYA <20

Also, when I turned on the pump noticed a slight leak. Both bolts are tightened. Is there a gasket or something? Any help would be appreciated.

I used the pool math app and it says 5 gal chlorine, 1 gal muratic, 15 cya. I was going to add acid first, then chlorine. Cya once starts to clear. Am I on track? Thanks for the help. IMG_1526955395215.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Add enough muriatic acid to lower your pH to 7.6. Circulate the pool really well and test pH. Then add enough acid to get pH of 7.2.

Add Chlorine based on 20 CYA. Put 10 ppm of CYA in a sock and hang in front of a return. From that point forward use CYA of 30 for chlorine calculations to SLAM Process. Test CYA in a few days, after the sock is empty.

Let us know if you have any questions!!

Take care.

Also, when I turned on the pump noticed a slight leak. Both bolts are tightened. Is there a gasket or something? Any help would be appreciated.

. View attachment 78117
Do you mean the bolts in that black ring immediately above the dribble?

That ring is a clamp that holds the tank and the multiport valve together, and there is an O-ring crushed in between. Or should be. The screws get undone, the two halves come off, you undo the two pipe couplings and then you can lift the multiport up and switch the O-ring. Be sure to buy some pool lube to smear on the new O-ring.

Ok. I recently did a sand change and replaced the lateral assembly. I realized the pvc pipe coming from the laterals was damaged. &#55357;&#56900; The clarity of my pool has drastically increased. I can almost see the drain on the deep end which is a drastic improvement from the green swamp. My latest test results frim this morning are

FC 9
CC 0
PH 7.5
CYA 30

The water is not completely clear, but close. What is my next step? When do I increase CYA, I have been keeping it low during SLAM, but I think I am almost complete with that. This has been a long process abd want to make sure I finish strong. Thanks for everyones help.

Ok. I recently did a sand change and replaced the lateral assembly. I realized the pvc pipe coming from the laterals was damaged. �� The clarity of my pool has drastically increased. I can almost see the drain on the deep end which is a drastic improvement from the green swamp. My latest test results frim this morning are

FC 9
CC 0
PH 7.5
CYA 30

The water is not completely clear, but close. What is my next step? When do I increase CYA, I have been keeping it low during SLAM, but I think I am almost complete with that. This has been a long process abd want to make sure I finish strong. Thanks for everyones help.
You continue to SLAM at 12 FC until you pass all three tests:
1) Water is clear. That includes after brushing. No patches of algae anywhere.
2) CC is .5 or less
3) You lose less than 1 FC on an overnight test.

If you are close to finished, the bleach used will be minimal. If not, you'll be glad you continued. Don't be in a hurry to raise the CYA. If you do, you'll just need to raise the FC level to continue to SLAM. When you pass all three tests, then you'll wait for the FC to drop below 10 and retest everything. That's when you rebalance everything and if you want, raise CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.